Monday, May 2, 2022

Spring

 It's spring here in Maryland. That means Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. That means flowers. That means actual leaves on trees. Tree frogs singing. Fresh air coming into the house in light breezes. Can you tell that I'm ready for it? 


Mr. Tree Frog came out of his winter slump and made an appearance on my bench outside.


There has been knitting. I found this sock yarn in my stash, and felt that it was appropriate for spring. Haven't finished the second one yet.


Our biggest news is our new family member. We wanted to add another dog to our family. My husband (and I) really wanted to get a rescue this time. We had specific needs when it came to rescues. It would have to get along with other dogs, both young and old. It would have to be good with a cat. It would have to be good with small children. It would have to be housebroken. This dog filled all these needs! He lived in a foster home with a small child and two cats. He is super chilled out and has no problem with other animals. He's completely housebroken. 

So, meet Asher! He and Reggie come in from outside exhausted every day from tussling and playing. It's exactly the scenario that we were looking for. He's so sweet and knows several commands. He has found his forever home with us, and we couldn't be more pleased. 

Happy spring, everyone!


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new family member! He's quite a handsome fella.
    I can't believe I am going to have to miss the MDSW for the 4th year in a row. I am going to be in a very bad mood next weekend. I've warned everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to MDSW on Sunday. A muddy mess, but still fun. Maybe next year you'll be able to go (and maybe it will be sunny!).

      Delete
  2. COngratulations on your new family member. He looks so sweet. I'm sure he's grateful to be with you and be loved.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asher is a great addition to the family. We are lucky to have him.

      Delete
  3. Asher looks like a great fellow! Glad he found his forever home with you. The sock looks great. Now on to number two???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sock #2 is done! Asher is right at home here now.

      Delete
  4. Hello and Happy Spring to you! Cute frog photo. We are finally have some nice warm weather.. It is nice to be able to open the windows. Asher is a cutie, sounds like a great dog. Thanks for rescuing a dog, he has a happy forever home. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spring has sprung here in Maryland! Asher has fit right in.

      Delete
  5. This guy sounds like a perfect fit for your family! Nice the way tree frogs tuck into themselves, isn't it?! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asher is gorgeous. I really thought that frog was a stone! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. I'll miss your blog. But I'm following on FB, so I'll see you there!

      Delete