Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I'm Back!!

 I'm back to blogging. I took a break. I was having a few speed bumps in my life. Family stuff that I really don't want to share. I have found some peace and come to a place where I can just let whatever happens happen. Sometimes you can't be the fixer. Sometimes things or people have to fix themselves. Detachment is sometimes the best gift that you can give yourself. 

And there's the election. Oy, that is a whole other ball of wax that kept me off of social media a bit. But now I'm back and ready to blog again. I have missed this and all the kind comments! 

First off: knitting. I have done quite a few things. Two sweaters, socks, socks, socks, a hat and a shawl. Creativity grounds me and helps me put things in perspective. 




The socks above were my own design. Knit in three yarns, I had a field day weaving in all those ends!


This shawl entailed 656 yards of fingering weight in knit and purl rows. Boring TV knitting for sure, but I love the outcome.

And lastly, a hat for my sweet supportive husband, who waited patiently while I knitted yards and yards of yarn for other projects before finally living up to my promise to knit him one. He's a champ. 
I also knit up Andrea Mowry's Weekender sweater, but I don't have a picture. Will post at a different time.

Tomorrow, some non-knitting things. It's good to be back. 


21 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back. I am sorry you had the speed bumps, but it seems like we all have them. About the time I think things are going along good, something gets me off-kelter.

    I LOVE that shawl. I love the socks and all, but that shawl sure does hit me as about perfect as can be. I LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The yarn had been in my stash forever. I finally pulled it out and knit it up.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You were wool obsessed while you were off. All the projects are beautiful, but oh my, THAT SWEATER! Simply gorgeous.

    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a very quick knit! Cozy Cabled Sweater on Rav. Knit in Berrocco vintage Chunky, so it went quickly.

      Delete
  3. It's good to see you back posting again. I'm sorry about the speed bumps. We've had several in our family this year too so I can comiserate. All of your projects are beautiful and it's hard to choose my favorite but I do like that cable up the back of the sweater. That sheep in the last photo is a big favorite too!
    Welcome back!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope that we all get through our bumps I life and that life gets back to normal. The sweater was knit on bulky yarn, and was a very quick knit. There's a small cable around the V-neck too. I loved this pattern.

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    You have been busy knitting, the socks, scarf and sweater are beautiful. I wouldn't know where to start. I am glad you are back, I hope all will be well. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. It's good to be back blogging again.

      Delete
  5. You've been busy! Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is nice to have something to occupy the mind when you have worries. I wonder about those people getting through the pandemic who have no hobbies. I have so many friends that don't and they are miserable staying home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my friends are either working or taking up a hobby. I have one retired friend who took up knitting again. That warmed my heart, because she is one of the few people who I taught to knit.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hit hard family bumps 3 years ago so I know the pain. We missed you and are glad you are back to blogging--the knits are incredible! I know what kind of therapy it can be....the b/w socks are amazing--excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for the socks, I think I may knit the opposite combo (red socks b/w heels/toes) in the future, since I have leftover yarn.

      Delete
  8. Lots of lovely work happened while we waited for you! I'm sure your garden was a hub of activity as well.

    Letting go with love is often the hardest, yet kindest, thing we can do. It took me a long time to learn that. Once I did, it helped everyone a great deal.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. It's good to be back.

      Delete
  9. Welcome Back! You were missed. Love all your knitting - gorgeous. What pattern did you use for the shawl? Beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The yarn is Katia Infinity Shawl yarn, and the pattern went with it. Infinity Shawl by Fil Katia. It's on Ravelry.

      Delete
  10. Looks like you've been really productive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous knits! Good to see your post in my blog reader this morning.

    ReplyDelete