Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday

For those who suggested on my last post that there was probably a fawn nearby the Mama, you were right. I got a few snapshots in my neighbor's yard before they ran off. 


I little speckled baby. So small!


I'll try for some better pictures in the future.

I've been working on a pair of socks, and pondering which bigger project I should start next.


Outdoor knitting has been lovely. 

Reggie has been getting his walks early. It's way too hot later on in the day for him. As it is, he comes home and plops himself down under the ceiling fan in the sunroom as soon as he comes in the house after a walk. 



These are the modest poses. I won't post the pictures of how he usually lies. Quite the exhibitionist.

Bella doesn't have daily walks any more. At 14, her exercise is in the yard. But she still feels the heat.


Lastly, I wanted to tell you that today I took down most of my yarnbombing. There are two reasons for this. The first is that it was always intended to be temporary. The goal was to make people smile during self-isolation, whether walking by my house, or seeing it on here. It was uplifting for me to do this daily. But it was intended to come down after isolation guidelines were lifted. Our state has gone into Stage 2, which lifts many of these guidelines. 
Second, the need for this daily whimsy has changed for me. The world has changed in just in one month. I feel like this kind of creativity has become a bit irrelevant. I will always be someone who looks for whimsy in life, but maybe not in this way any more. So I left up 4 pieces for now. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments. It was a great experience. And stay tuned- I'm not going to stop blogging!









22 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby. We had one in our yard a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so small. I look forward to watching this one grow up.

      Delete
  2. Faith, Hope, and Love will see us through these upsetting times . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Love the sweet fawn, adorable sighting. These are uplifting message and yarnbombs to leave up. It is great to going into phase 2 now. Bella and Reggie are cute dogs. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you, too! I hope to get more pics of the little fawn.

      Delete
  4. The puppers look nice and chill.
    It's hot here again too so we're staying in the house during the day, but enjoying the more comfortable evenings outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs definitely show you when it's too hot for them! But then, so do I.

      Delete
  5. I like the pieces of yarn bombing that you left up - good choices! That little baby fawn with such spindly legs. One wonders how they can even stand up! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how long he has been standing! He really looks young. Hope you have a good weekend, too.

      Delete
  6. I sure am glad you will continue blogging as I have just 'met' you not so long ago. I sure did enjoy the yarn bombing. It always was a bright spot in my evening.

    I would be just like Regie after being out in the sun if I could get up from the floor easily...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a friendly community, this blogosphere. I intend to stay in it for a while. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. What a sweet little fawn. I love seeing htem and their little spots. I like the pieces of art that you left on the tree. They are inspiring.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to watching the little fawn grow up.

      Delete
  8. Your tree was just what we needed at the time. It made me happy to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hot hot hot here, too...and my old girl just wants to lie under the fan, too! Actually, I just want to lie under it with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, don't we all! Thanks for visiting my blog. I saw your old girl on your blog- she is a cute pup.

      Delete
  10. Reggie's smile is so engaging. I have a Boston friend, Stella, who lives in MD. She is quite a character.

    We had a young deer walk down our suburban street yesterday! First time ever, and I've lived there 35 years.

    Love the yarnbombs you chose to leave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bostons are characters! That's why I love them so much. Hope you see your deer again soon.

      Delete
  11. We all grow with our crafting and it definitely fills a need so let it grow with you! We've enjoyed your creativity! The fawn is so sweet! Have a good knit on the socks and dream on the next big project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about creativity and growth. Thanks.

      Delete