Thursday, June 11, 2020

Thursday

It's been a few days. Here's some sock progress:


 I think I'm sold on this pattern. I want to knit it again, without such a busy yarn. The sparkly yarn for the heel blends nicely, though.  The little cabled V's make a nice pattern.


The plants around here are going crazy. The cucumber has grown to amazing heights and has baby cukes growing on it. Two of my friends are going to get together and the more learned one is going to help us pickle cucumbers later this summer. Last year I remember having so many, I couldn't eat and give them away fast enough. I am retired now, so I don't have as many recipients. I gave one of my neighbors a surplus plant, so she will have her own. 


The tomato plant behind it is getting tall, too.

Cucumber in the making...





Lastly, I've been going through old bins of family memorabilia. More on that later. But here's one thing that I found. It has my Mom's name on it, and the handwriting is my Dad's. This must have been intended to be very tongue and cheek and had them both laughing. I don't remember my Mom being a nag when my father drove. But I had a good laugh at this! The more you read, the funnier it gets. Don't think this would fly in 2020.  Notice the date- 1956-58. Right before I was born. 

10 comments:

  1. "State of Nervousness" - LOL - that's GREAT!! Love your sock - what is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have fun making pickles. I miss canning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love the sock, the pattern and the raised cable. The back seat driver license should have my hubby's name on it, lol.
    So funny! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks! I love your veggies in the barrels - that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me of the practical joke things my grandparents had around the house. It was a big thing back then apparently. I wish I had kept some of them. They has a drawer full of odd things like that. I loved them as a kid. Without the internet, I wonder where they got them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the part .... the commissioner already has your number.

    I really did LAUGH OUT LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that entire license. My Mom never drove a car and I could see her having this. It would have been perfect.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make pickles for my kids; they love them. I don't can, though; I just make refrigerator pickles. They eat them so fast that canning isn't necessary.

    My grandfather had lots of jokey things. My grandmother found exactly none of them funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the socks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great garden pics! The socks are amazing! Nice license! lol

    ReplyDelete