Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tuesday

I almost titled this post Monday, because that's how time is for me right now. Non-descript days that have nothing to help me realize their title. Ok...It's Tuesday. Got it.


We had a visitor out the kitchen window the other day. It was a doe, who must have recently given birth.  She had a full pouch of milk. Didn't see any baby, though. She didn't stop to munch on the hostas or any other vegetation. She sauntered in from my neighbor's yard, looked around and sauntered back the way she came.


The big news for me is that I finished the 4-Ever In Blue Jeans crescent shawl. I need to weave in the ends and bock it today. It was a nice knit. I am sold on mosaic knitting. This is my second mosaic shawl, and definitely won't be my last.




My only wish is that I could have gotten further into the red part of the gradient. As it was, I added two rows at the end to get more red. Ah well, I still love it and I can't wait to wear it in the Fall.
As you can see, I was down to the wire with the green yarn. But I made it with a little bit to spare. 


See you umm.....Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl. Looks like you have a good amount of scraps to start your scrappy blanket. :::hint hint:::

    Hope you have a good..............ummmmm, Tuesday????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl turned out beautifully. I'd like to try some mosaic knitting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shawl, especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet to see a deer...with a full bag no less. I hope the baby was somewhere near and not dead. And I bet it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby probably wasn't terribly far away. Mama's will leave them for the day so they don't attract predators. She was probably having some me time before heading back to her babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke up to discover the deer had eaten on half of the yard's hostas last night. I was NOT amused.
    That shawl is gorgeous!!! I think the colors worked out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, the doe is pretty, I am glad she didn't eat your plants.
    The baby is probably laying down hiding somewhere close by. Your shawl is pretty, I love all colors. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty shawl and a lovely visitor to your yard! We have deer that are here pretty often since we live near the woods. They are quite bold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawl is lovely! I think that little accent of red makes it more special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The doe is beautiful. For some reason, unless they are standing on a highway that I"m driving on, they always seem so peaceful a sweet to me.
    That shawl is absolutely gorgeous! The mosiac is fascinating to me. I've never knit in mosaic before. It may be time to try something new. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only made some dish cloths in mosaic but I liked it--a whole shawl would be a thing of beauty! Nice job ! Aren't deer a treat to see?!

    ReplyDelete