Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday

Today's yarnbomb:


Is it a Black-eyed Susan? Is it a sunflower? You be the judge. 

I received my first shipment of Imperfect Foods. It's a company that sells foods that the grocery store rejects (too small, weird shape, etc...). It cuts down on food waste, and sells perfectly good food at a good price. Your shipment can be customized before delivery, which is weekly. You can even cancel a shipment if you're not going to be home, or for whatever reason.


This was my first shipment: little peaches, grapefruits, apples, onions, a huge sweet potato, a wonderful watermelon(which was so red and sweet and now is almost gone), a small cheese sampler, a head of butter lettuce(which made it to the fridge before this picture) and a pound of grass-fed ground beef.
All under $30.00. There were 3 things on my list that they could not add at the last minute, but they emailed me and told me.
This is all in all a great company!


The False Indigo outside my kitchen window is blooming, and that makes me smile. 
Also, the Spiderwort is starting to bloom.


Hope you all are having a great weekend. Here in Maryland, it is marvelous weather!
I will leave you with photos of my little chicken family. I inherited a few little treasures from my Grandmother. This one is one of my favorites. 



So tiny and cute. I have no idea where they were made, or where my Grandmother got them. But they are truly treasured.

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the cute flower and the butterfly. We have some Spiderwort but it is more of a dark fuschia color. We saw some pretty purple Spiderwort along the bike trail. The chicken family is adorable. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little chickies are so sweet!
    And love the flower addition - so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the cheerful flower! I’ve never heard of Imperfect Foods. Is it local?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is where they deliver:
      https://help.imperfectfoods.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004535133-Where-do-you-deliver-

      Delete
  4. I so love that chicken family! That is a tiny chick. Nice shot of the spiderwort!

    Oh, I don't care if you call it a black-eyed Susan or a sunflower, it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I originally was going for sunflower. Let's go with that!

      Delete
  5. I love the little chicken family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a sunflower! Beautiful! The treasure from your gram is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that yarn bomb flower!
    All that produce is so cool. I have never heard of that company before.
    Your little chickens are adorable. I was surprised they were so small when I saw the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks like a sunflower. It's so happy and cheerful which is much needed in todays world. Your imperfect foods box looks great and I love the chicken family. So cute.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought "sunflower" when I saw it, but I do have a Thing for Blackeyed Susans. They always look so chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflower!! Our spiderwort is beginning to bloom too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the chicks!!! what a treasure to own :) I think it's a sunflower so let's go with that. Your imperfect foods look pretty perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete