Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday

Today is a very small yarnbomb. But I'll show you how much the tree is getting covered.







I had mentioned previously that I ordered seeds online and a starter planter to grow some coleus plants for my fence planters. They are less than hearty.


Yeah....not really ready for a planter. Not to mention that I planted over 20, and 6 came up. I'll keep these going, and put them somewhere else. In the meantime, I will use the plants that we bought today at the garden center..


Now these are ready for prime time!
My basil that I bought a few weeks ago endured a night of temps in the 30's. It didn't quite get down to freezing, but it was enough to do some damage. What do you think? Will my basil make it?


Should I do anything for it? Pick off the damaged leaves? I just don't know. Suggestions welcome!

See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Basil is hearty - I predict it will be fine!! but, pick leaves and then it will branch some. I use basil all the time - in salads, in sauces, etc. ,etc. Your yarn bombing is so cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree looks fabulous!

    Love the Coleus. I had some beautiful ones last year. Such pretty colours right until the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coleus!!! I do love that plant in all of its colors!
    I also like caladium for the same reason. The basil will be fine!
    I enjoyed seeing the whole tree--what a perfect one to yarn bomb! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn bombing looks great. I'm sure your neighbors enjoy seeing what is new everyday. From what I know, basil is pretty hardy. It should be fine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the stems are mushy, I think your basil will make it. I wouldn't pick off the damaged leaves until some new ones arrive. The plants needs some leaves to make energy to grow.

    The yarn bombing is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is spectacular!!!
    I ordered some live tomato plants online and have a bad feeling about it. I'm still waiting for my kale and chard to sprout. It all may be a lost cause this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your tree is the best! I wish i was a gardener but I'm a wannabe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the basil stems aren't black, it will likely be ok. Give it some sun and warmth, even inside for a few days if need be to give it back a good healthy start. Basil hates cold, wet feet.

    Your tree is spectacular, and I see that there is plenty of room for more yarn bombs. How wonderful for you and your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is a work of art - nice job!

    ReplyDelete