Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday

I have gone back to my first love...knitting. Here's today's yarn bomb:


Another honeycomb pattern made from leftover Cascade 220 from my stash. 

I received my last shipment of yarn bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool (virtual) Festival. These skeins are from Fiber Optic. Colorways are Orchard and Ivy League. I plan on a 2 color shawl for these two beauties. They scream Autumn to me.


The Orchard one on the bottom is a gradient yarn. Goes from gold to deep red. And it's mostly merino with 10% cashmere. It's a lovely yarn. The Ivy League (green) is 100% merino. I think that they will work nicely together. Now, to find a pattern...

I had a wonderful surprise this morning! When we ventured out on our walk with Reggie this morning, I spied a decorated rock at the base of our mailbox post. Someone left it there! It gave me a smile to think that someone thought to do this.


It has a round glass piece in the middle, surrounded by colorful cut glass pieces that look like petals. Very pretty!

Have a good evening!

16 comments:

  1. I wonder if it was someone who wanted to reciprocate the joy you're bringing with your yarn bombed tree? How fun!
    I love all of your new yarn.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that this might be the motive. All the more smiles from me!

      Delete
  2. The rock is so sweet. I agree. It's probably in appreciation of your tree. I bet people drive by just for a smile to see what's new. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my goal. Everyone needs a smile these days.

      Delete
  3. Hello, love the honeycomb yarn bomb. The painted rock is pretty, what a nice surprise. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rock is so sweet! I've seen painted ones, but not one like this. I like your honeycomb pattern on the tree. Your new yarn will make a gorgeous Fall shawl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a "bedazzled" rock, either. I like it.

      Delete
  5. love the honeycomb addition! I live out in the country and never find painted rocks, it would be fun to spy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new honeycomb! the rock was a very thoughtful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I may do some more honeycomb in other colors.

      Delete
  7. Love the honeycomb yarn bomb. It's very eye-catching.

    Isn't it nice that someone reciprocated with their own lovely craft? What a thoughtful thank you. Maybe you'll start a Craft Gallery, right on your own street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice surprise. I welcome any and all creativity to my yard.

      Delete
  8. Love that yarn bomb! Just love it. and love the yarn you got...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Expect more honeycomb. It's a quick knit, and I like the way it looks.

      Delete