Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Wednesday

Today, I took a break from yarnbombing. I'll pick it up again tomorrow when I feel more creative. I never know what I'm going to put on the tree until I sit down to knit it. I may look on YouTube for help with stitches, but I never use a pattern.
Today's knitting was taken from a pattern. After seeing Dee's beautiful sock yesterday, I decided to start my own pair of Sunday Swing Socks (found on Knitty). 



The pattern seems to be a little lost on the blue side, but comes through nicely on the greenish side. Either way, they are a fun knit. I'm sure that the pattern will be more pronounced once blocked. Yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in colorway Hobbit Garden. This yarn company has always been one of my top favorites. I am getting a bit of pooling, but I don't care. The colors are gorgeous.

I planted the fence planters today. Soon, the plants will get big enough to completely hide the green plastic.




I'll leave you with this cute little beauty. This moth landed this evening on my green glass decorative garden spike. I thought that it was so pretty! Love the orange "bloomers". I had to look it up-




Have a good evening!


16 comments:

  1. I love when I inspire someone to knit!!!!

    Your little moth friend is very cute! Just hope he stays away from your woolies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did inspire me with that great pattern! Thank you! I guess that I should have given Mr. Moth lecture on the forbidden wool!

      Delete
  2. Great socks. I really like the pattern too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I like the yarn colors and pattern, they will be pretty socks. The moth is beautiful, great capture. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those socks! Those planters really intrigue me. I wish I had a fence! I did order some gardening bags for my tomato plants-if they arrive alive that is. I can't imagine how but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ordered pond plants online. Never ones to put it dirt. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Those are some lovely coleus varieties! That planter will be a showstopper.

    And that moth *is* pretty. So much colour in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had varieties that I'd never seen. The ruffly ones called anemone were new to me.

      Delete
  6. You're right, the yarn is gorgeous and the socks will be so nice when on and the eyelets show! the garden post sack is a great idea--it is amazing how fast they will fill in! That's a new moth to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'd never seen this moth, either.

      Delete
  7. I love your socks and like the plants, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue moon sock yarn - your project looks lovely! and I do love the moth shot too. I haven't seen any yet, nor butterflies either. They should be coming when we get to mid summer.

    ReplyDelete