Monday, May 4, 2020

Monday

Today, A little dropped stitch for the tree. I had to use a ladder for the first time. A group of neighbors walked by (presumed to be one family) and one of them shouted out, "Love it!" That made it all worthwhile. I like that it makes people smile.


Last night, we ate the last of the crab cakes from the freezer. My son is the chef at a local restaurant and loaded us up with some crab cakes right before lockdown.  They're now all gone. What a treat.


I got a package in the mail today from one of the vendors from whom I ordered this weekend at Maryland Sheep And Wool Festival (virtual). That was fast! Toad Hollow had a collection of yarns with a Fairytale theme. The multi colored is called Musicians of Bremen and the solid colorway is called Little Red Riding Hood. Even the package was uplifting! 





We went grocery shopping early today, and I focused on fresh produce verses frozen this trip. Trying to eat right and not be so skittish about eating produce. I had a semi-annual virtual visit with my doctor (which I scheduled in January as a real visit) and it went well. The sun is shining, and we are getting very strong cool breezes. All in all, a good day. Hope your day is going as grand as mine.

17 comments:

  1. MaryBeth and Helen from Toad Hollow/The Craft Toads are so sweet. Did you know they have a podcast? Crafting With The Toads on YouTube. They also have a Facebook Group by the same name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I will have to look into this! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. yarn in the mail always makes a day a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! And it was the only thing in the mailbox. No junk, no bills. Perfect!

      Delete
  3. Crab cakes?!!! When my mom was alive she kept our freezer full of crab meat that she would pick from her daily crabbing adventure. Nothing is better than a good crab cake or a pot of her crab soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss crab soup. Hopefully I'll be able to make some relatively soon.

      Delete
  4. Being landlocked, I have never eaten a crab cake. I bet they are yummy. I’m glad you were able to get some in person feedback on the yarn bombing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come to the East coast sometime and get yourself a crab cake!

      Delete
  5. Yum. Crab cakes are so good. Love the yarn bombing today and the new yarn too. How fun to get yarn in the mail.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These crab cakes were wonderful. It is like a little treat to get yarn in the mail.

      Delete
  6. Hello, I love Maryland Crab Cakes. We have a couple of places that make the best crab cakes. The yarn bomb is pretty, I like the colors and design. They make me smile too. Your new yard is pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crab cakes are a treat! Thanks for the nice comments.

      Delete
  7. Love your Toad Hollow finds. They have really nice bags too. I bet those crab cakes were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eyeing their bags on the website. They are nice. the crab cakes were awesome!

      Delete
  8. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a good Maryland Crab Cake! Or a fresh oyster. I think the only reason I visit my friend in MD is for the food! hee hee

    Nice yarn bomb today, and how great is it when someone gives you immediate feedback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have great seafood. Yes, it was nice to get feedback on the tree. I like that people find it amusing.

      Delete
  9. Yummy on the new yarn! Nice new addition to the tree-I have to get back down to the mailbox again! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete