Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday

First, the yarn bombs from the last two days. I went to the dark side....I went onto YouTube and taught myself to crochet a single crochet stitch. Many (five) decades have passed since my young girl years of crocheting. It came back pretty quickly.
Today, I added a ruffle. I don't know what I was doing, really. I just winged it.



So, it's not really the dark side. Just not knitting. It is just as relaxing and new and different.


Finished the wild and crazy socks last night and they are currently blocking.

This morning, a picture showed up on my Facebook feed that my daughter took seven years ago today. It was a Pileated Woodpecker. I mentioned that I haven't seen this bird in my yard since. After our walk later in the morning, I came home and was shocked and surprised to see a welcome visitor! So, I guess May 18th is the day that the Pileated Woodpecker comes to my yard! Every seven years!
He stuck around for me to grab the camera, and didn't seem shy at all! This really made my day.






Such a big beautiful bird. I really hope that he doesn't wait another seven years to return.

Now, some beauty from my yard:


A little bit of Georgia O'Keefe vibe.


And our gorgeous rose bush is about to burst with lots of these.
See you tomorrow!




20 comments:

  1. Fantastic socks! Love the woodpecker pictures, and of course, those flowers! The roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like this rose bush. It was one of the first plants that my husband and I bought together.

      Delete
  2. We've got a woodpecker out in the yard that is driving the dog crazy. Every time we go out for a walk in our woods she hears it and has to go look for it. It's loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, my dog Reggie was inside when our visitor came. I would never have gotten my pictures!

      Delete
  3. love that the Pileated woodpecker came back...love your socks, and the beauty from your yard really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope that Woody returns. He was quite a sight!

      Delete
  4. I would love for a Pileated Woodpecker to show up here! Your socks look great. Fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you one day get a Pileated in your yard. It is a sight!

      Delete
  5. Love the socks, the woodpecker, flowers and the crochet. Although I love to knit, I have crocheted since I was 7 and it will always be near and dear to my heart.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I crocheted when I was young, but put it down for about 50 years!

      Delete
  6. Hello, I do love seeing your yarn bombs and the socks are so cute! Yay for the Pileated, I have been seeing one in my yard too. They are finding some good bugs to eat now. Pretty flowers and images. Take care and Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like yarn bombing. It's kind of a therapy to me.

      Delete
  7. I saw my very first Pileated Woodpecker ever on Saturday. I called my sister, and she had just had one in her yard, too! And now I read your blog with a sighting. What are the odds?!

    The colour effect on those sox is really wonderful. I love how the pink blurs--makes it look extra soft and fluffy where it is.

    I tried crochet--holding the yarn is awkward and tiring for me. It's nice that you can switch it up, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is weird! Another friend of mine saw one yesterday, too! Hmmm....

      Delete
  8. Congrats on finishing your socks!

    Love the photos of the woodpecker. I've only seen that kind once and it was a brief sighting as he flew in front of our car in Cape Canaveral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a sight in front of your car!

      Delete
  9. What a cool thing that you added crochet sections, too! Great!
    The flowers are beautiful--does the rose smell lovely? I'm so glad you have seen the woodpecker again! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says that the rose smells sweet. I, on the other hand, don't think that it has much smell. I hope that I see Woody again!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous photos from the first to the last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The woodpecker was practically posing for me. Lol

      Delete