Friday, May 29, 2020

Friday

It's been a while. I have taken a break from the yarn bomb tree. I have a piece in progress, and will probably post it tomorrow after I figure out what I'm going to do. 

It's been a busy week. First, our refrigerator died. It isn't that old, but apparently there's a class action suit against LG for this model. It is discontinued, and has problems with the compressor. So, we bought a new Samsung one, which was delivered yesterday. 

We also had some branches taken down from a very large maple tree. The branches were starting to look like they would probably come down in a good wind or ice storm. So, we had them taken down.


You can see two of the cut points above. We also had two dead trees taken down. The company was very professional and unbelievably fast. It was all done in about an hour! Everything was either put in a chipper, or hauled off. 


To those of you who said that basil is hardy and mine would come back after a cold night, you were right! This is starting to thrive again.


My rose bush is starting to droop with weight, so I relieved it of some of the blooms. Aren't they lovely? I think that this is their best year. And my father's prism captured the morning sun to give a cheery spectrum effect. 


After a few false starts (translation: No mojo, kept messing up and ripping out) I am finally getting somewhere with my shawl.


This gradient is going to look perfect, I think. 

Have a great weekend! 

20 comments:

  1. The shawl is BEAUTIFUL! I love that color combination.

    My rose bushes are growing, but no roses as of yet. We transplanted them from pots into the ground last fall. Hopefully, they will like their new spot in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my experience that roses always come through.

      Delete
  2. I love your shawl!! The colors, the pattern-everything works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am finally enjoying the process.

      Delete
  3. My rose bushes have been pruned back and are putting out large canes but no roses yet. Not a big surprise since we're in a colder growing zone.
    Your shawl is beautiful. Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment on the shawl. I am liking this knit. My roses were pruned, but they have come back full force.

      Delete
  4. Hello, we need some tree branches removed. Your roses are beautiful. Love the shawl, the yarn color is pretty. I have to buy another basil plant. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it's better to remove the branches now before the bad weather does it for me! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. That photo of your beautiful roses has such a serentity about it. I can feel the calm and peace of your home.

    I'm sorry about your trees. But of course you will be safer now. You had a very busy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers always make me feel peaceful. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Nice photo of your bouquet and rainbow! I'm glad you've stuck with it for the shawl--it is really pretty spectacular so far! I want to get the big red/whit/blue yarn bombing done for my huge trunk by July 4th so I need to get figuring numbers to get going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A patriotic yarn bomb sounds great! Can't wait to see it. I'm past half way with the shawl now. Glad I stuck with it, too.

      Delete
  7. Fresh-cut flowers brighten a room! Love your roses and the prism on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those roses are gorgeous! Glad you got the dead trees and (dangerous perhaps) branches taken care of...no worries later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice. I wasn't a fan of roses until I got this bush. They have really put on a show.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I love the colors of that shawl....and those roses don't even look real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look unreal- I hadn't seen this color until I bought this bush. The shawl is more than half way done now. Can't wait for the gradient to really kick in.

      Delete
  10. My basil did not come back, but my oregano and parsley did, so I'm still happy (and I planted more basil)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Greek oregano that has made it through the winter months. I just don't know what to do with it!

      Delete