Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday

I Made a quick butterfly for the tree today. Just kind of slapped it together and put it up with clear thumb tacks. That's the beauty of yarnbombing. From the road, you don't see the little imperfections.


I'm running out of brightly colored yarn. I ordered some more inexpensive colors from Knitpicks. Hope it comes pretty soon.

I finished Sunday Swing sock number one. I'm going great guns, as my mother used to say. 


Such color in this yarn! 


And I kind of like how it knit up. I was afraid that it would have too much pooling, but it just kind of did whatever it wanted. I am curious if sock #2 will knit up the same.


Today I made more crackers. The only thing that I did differently from the original recipe was to add 1/4 cup of flax seed. Here's the link to the recipe:


If you don't want to read all the yadda-yadda-yadda, just click at the top of the site where it says "Jump to recipe".


Celery report: I started another one, and this on seems so much healthier. I'm going to wait a little while before planting this time.
Have a good night. Here comes the weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly! Your sock looks so pretty laying on your Hostas. It almost blends in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick crackers can also be made from flour tortillas. The celery is cute: I’m eager to see how it grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bake tortilla strips in the oven. Brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. My family loved them.

      Delete
  3. That butterfly is just so darn cute....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog about a week ago and have read it from the beginning. I love your yarn bombed tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you found me! I also stopped by your blog.

      Delete
  5. That butterfly is perfect. I have never tried to grow my own ceery but you are making me want to try it.
    BLessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celery growing is very easy! Just put the stump in some water and put it by a window. As you can see, I suspended mine in a glass with some toothpicks.

      Delete
  6. Hello, your butterfly is beautiful, hard to believe it was slapped together. I love the sock, the color is my favorite too. The crackers sound yummy with the flax seed, they are healthy.
    Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy weekend to you, too! We are having lovely MD weather.

      Delete
  7. I still get excited about Saturdays--they used to be the day I could sew or just be (after teaching all week, I needed a break!) Retired now and I still get the thrill of a Sat morn! lol the butterfly is a great idea-it looks good! I'm amazed at your celery success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also retired and still get joy out of Saturdays.

      Delete
  8. Oh, those sox are gorgeous! How on earth will you wear them and cover them up? The yarn is just beautiful.

    I'm going to start a celery, too, and put it in my herb garden. I don't have a lot of room for a real garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'll keep the socks or give them away. I have a bag of socks that I've knit that I keep to give away. I knit way too many socks to keep them all. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  9. I had to order more wool too! And then I could actually go INTO a store for some the other day.... it was WONDERFUL! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't done that here yet. But your country seems to have a good hold on things. I look forward to that day..

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks. Trying to keep the ideas flowing. I'm now competing with the leaves that are getting bigger on the tree, obscuring some knitting. The nerve!

      Delete
  11. cute butterfly! I have never made crackers!! Off to read the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are well worth it! Make sure they are rolled really thin.

      Delete