Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday

Two days got by me without a blog post. Here's some yarn bombing. One has a little ruffle, one is some stripes by the Happy sign.



I made some sourdough crackers on Sunday. I didn't have any whole wheat four, so I added some ground flax seed and I added some Italian herbs. Brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt


When I was growing up in the suburbs outside of Baltimore, we had a neighbor who had a small garden with a gate on the side of the house by our property. Years went by, and the house was sold. My father still lived there in the 90's, and I tried to keep his property cleaned up. One day I was trimming the bushes, and found this horse's head in the ivy. I knew immediately that it used to reside on a post on the gate next door. Because the son of the family ended up being my brother's best friend, I saw him now and then. I told him that I had the horse, and if he wanted it, I'd get it to him. He said no, keep it.


So yesterday, the husband finally attached it to its permanent home on our back fence. I've had it for years, but I never really gave it a home until now. I think that it looks perfect where it is, and the shape that it's in.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I love the horse head. What a story!
    I've never made crackers before. I managed to get some weird sprouted wheat flour in my last pantry order so maybe that's what it needs to become. I was drawing a blank. Yours look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick with crackers is to roll your dough really thin. That way they will be crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the story of the horse head, and though I knew it was probably something like this...reading the words about finding a horse head sent me in a totally different direction. LOL. I love that Happy sign...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that horse's head and it looks perfect where you put it. I'm glad you were able to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a treasure!!!!! I'm glad you have given him a perfect resting place! Great yarn additions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great yarn bombings this weekend and I love the horses head. I'm glad he has a new home where he can be happy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I love the ruffle yarn bomb and the Be Happy! I grew up in Baltimore, lived their until I met my hubby. The horse head is a treasure. Your crackers sound delicious, I have finally found an expensive gluten free sea salt cracker I like. Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...homemade crackers! They do not last long in my house. Yours sound delicious.

    I'm charmed by the story of your horsehead finial. Things that have a story are what make a house a Home. Well done.

    ReplyDelete