Saturday, May 2, 2020

Saturday-Updated




Here's today's addition, added late....Buttons galore.  Taken from my grandmother's button tin. Not the special ones that I treasure, just the mediocre ones that needed a purpose.

Well I ended up joining some friends on messenger online this morning and we all got onto the virtual Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival site. We all looked at the goodies together and bought a few of them.  It was fun, but not the same as when we meet for real and go together. Oh well. There's always next year.

I did buy something early from Berry Meadow Farm. It's an alpaca farm with really nice yarn. I bought it Friday. Look what I found on my doorstep this morning!



It's a shawl kit that's just wonderful. The yarn is so soft and the colors are rich.



Colorway that I bought is Aubergine and Fawn. Gorgeous.


It all came in this cute bag!
I bought a few other things, which I will post about as I receive them.

Celery report:


Garden report:


Dragons will be snapping soon!


My mother-in-law's Hosta is coming in great guns. I sprayed it with "Deer Out" so that it does not become a salad bar.


Lillies of the Valley are in bloom and the yard is filled with their fragrance.

We took Reggie for a long walk. This was the first day that it's really been warm. He came home and plopped down like this on the cool tile floor of the sunroom. 


I told him that it's just the beginning! 

Stop by later for a yarn bomb. I'm a little late with that.

14 comments:

  1. My celery looks to be just behind yours. My tiny sprouts are just poking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I treated myself to some goodies too. I don't need a thing but it didn't feel right not to have something woolly to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I need a pick me up in the way of new yarn.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that yarn is really lovely...can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be a while, but I can't wait either!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colors for a shawl. It’s fun watching the celery progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to get little roots. I'll be planting it soon, maybe.

      Delete
  5. What fun to get a shawl kit from the festival! (even if you didn't get to go) The dog is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I love the yarn bomb with the buttons, looks pretty. Reggie is so cute. The shawl kit is very nice, I like the style and yarn colors. Your garden is looking great. Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That might be in my Top Three Favourite Bombs thus far! I'm such a sucker for buttons.

    Love that photo of Reggie. Pets really know how to luxuriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it! It was fun to make.
      Reggie is king of this house.

      Delete