Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday

It's late. Thought I'd pop in and leave a yarn bomb for y'all. Thanks to my fellow blogger over at DelightedHands, I tried out a new stitch today for the tree. Here's a little bit of honeycomb stitch:


Thanks for the help, C!  It was a fun stitch.

Some things that happened today...I went onto the Maryland Sheep and Wool virtual Festival Facebook page, and found some goodies to buy. Vendors like Toad Hollow and Berrymeadow Farm caught my eye, and I succumbed to their beautiful yarn. I will have more of that later.  The "festival" doesn't start until tomorrow, but many things are selling out already. Sheesh.

My husband saw a fox in our yard today. This is not uncommon. But what was uncommon was that he had a squirrel in his mouth as he ran to the backyard! Kind of glad that I didn't see that. 

I planted some things today. I knit and actually started a new project. More on that later. Going to bed. See you tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Love that yarn bomb!
    We had an eagle in the yard today and I had to go count my cats. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I hate those eagles. They scare me to death. All the other birds start screaming like crazy when they show up. It's like a scene from The Birds.
    I thought about buying myself some goodies to make up for missing the festival. I'll have to go have a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It starts at 8:00 and there should be a full vendor list with links to the sites.

      Delete
  2. I really like your yarn bomb today. I didn't think about going to the website. Maybe I'll go check it out and see if anything catches my eye that's still available.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toad Hollow is one that I suggest. They have a line of yarn that's fairytale themed. It's so pretty..

      Delete
  3. What a site for your husband! I love wildlife sightings... even if they are on a lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was quite a sight, apparently! I guess everyone's gotta eat, right?

      Delete
  4. Hello, I would like to go to the Maryland Sheep festival, I did not know there was such a festival here. Your yarn bombs just make me smile, they are cute. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I can make you smile. You should really try to make the next festival! It gets crowded, but is so fun. And of course, I always walk away with goodies...

      Delete
  5. This new one is very eyecatching! I like how you went looking for something new to try.

    I know lots of people missing the Festival; they look forward to it so much. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trying to keep it fresh out on the old dogwood!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on a new stitch success!!!! it looks wonderful up there!

    ReplyDelete