Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Santa Hide and Seek

 I put out my Santa mugs every year. I've been collecting them for over 30 years. It started with one mug, given to me by my mother's best friend. She gave me and my first husband some of her old decorations for our first Christmas. We had little money, and they were a joy to have in our little apartment.

From there, I found some in second-hand a shop in Rehoboth one year. Since then I've found them in antique shops, a lot from Ebay, and from stores and websites. Some newly made ones are sprinkled in with the vintage ones, but most are from the 60's. A big company who manufactured these in Japan was called Holt Howard. Many have the Japan stamp, and a few still have the HH label. 

Probably my favorite one is the size of a blueberry. I found it at the Sea Shell Shop (say that 10 times fast!) in Ocean City, MD. Every year I ask people to try and find it among the mug crowd. This year, the husband hid it (in plain sight). Can you find it?






You'll probably have to zoom in a little, but he's in there! Tomorrow, I'll reveal where he is. I hope that you decide to put out something festive to cheer up your home. 



9 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Santa mugs. I used to have Christmas mugs, but I sold quite a few recently. I had far too much Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection and display! I think I spotted the mini Santa, but will wait to see if I’m correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    What a pretty Christmas mug collection. I spotted the cute little Santa. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to always take us to Rehoboth every Christmas to hit the shops for decorations. I've got a wooden tree that I bought there that is one of my most precious holiday decorations. Sadly it won't see the light of day again this year. My house is still a plastic covered storage facility. Who knew this time last year, when I skipped Christmas because of the remodel, what this year would bring. It boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun to start a collection like this that gets center stage once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I so wish I had collected them....I LOVe these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I found him but I'll have to check back to your next post to be sure. What a fun collection. I've decorated the RV and it's nice and cozy with the fireplace on. It's SO cold here tonight but we're happy and well so far.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous collection! I have two mugs and a Santa pitcher that were owned by my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete