Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday

 It's so windy in Maryland today! My hibiscus, which is on its last legs before winter sets in, has blown over multiple times today. I keep rearranging it, but the wind is just so strong.


The wind brought down an army of pinecones in the yard. Reggie loves to dismantle them. The sap on them is not good for dogs, so we tossed a bunch over the fence into the unfenced part of the yard.  Reggie managed to find another one that fell after we finished. I think it's going to be a never ending job today.



Yup. He knows that he's misbehaving...

In knitting news, I finished the cowl. It's soaking right now and will be blocked soon. It is quite narrow. Kind of like a loose turtleneck. Good for windy days like today, but I'll stretch it a bit in blocking. Here it is with a lovely spectrum coming through my Dad's prism in the window.


The colors in this yarn....I love it.


Have a good day, readers! Tomorrow is the "big day"! I will not miss the barrage of political ads on TV from both sides. If you haven't already, get out there and vote!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty cowl! It's windy here too - and VERY cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally it’s very windy here, but the weather has been gorgeous the last few days and not even a puff of wind. Aren’t prisms fun! I have several in my windows and marvel at the rainbows on the walls and floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really windy here yesterday...but today only breezes...but was 23° this morn. Most trees are bare..

    I love the colors in that cowl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I think the wind is over today, I watched the tall trees swaying. We have acorns and pine cones all over our driveway. Reggie is so cute! Love the cowl and the prism rainbow. I already voted, I agree I want this over.. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness that wind has stopped. My poor neighbor who had a tree go through his work truck last month had the huge pine in his front yard go over yesterday. What a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wind was something! We have our fig tree in a cage to protect it from the deer, and that was knocked over at a 45 degree angle! Very pretty cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the work in that cowl.

    We had high winds on Sunday, and I had a hard time sleeping. Another dose came through last night, briefly. I hope we're done for a while. Reggie looks quite smug; he knows you can never get them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to 'right' several potted plants, too, with the recent gusts! the dog looks cute with his own pinecone! lol The cowl is lovely--looks like another one would be fun just to see how the colors would change with different yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cowl!! and it was windy here but nothing bad happened as a result.

    ReplyDelete