Friday, October 30, 2020

Home Treasure Friday

 Today's home treasure was owned by my father. I inherited it when he died about four years ago. I also inherited his roll-top desk that was his grandfather's. I have no idea where or when he got this monkey, but it has always been in my memory. Growing up, it sat on a shelf in the living room. Today, he sits on a shelf in the bookshelf portion of the roll-top along with some of my father's books. He looks pensive as he smokes his pipe. Much like I remember my father, a former academic who smoke a pipe up until the late 70's. He died at the age of 92, and had an amazing life. I mostly miss his dry humor and the way he would always end our phone conversations with, "Ok, kid". 




He was a much more distinguished primate than his little keepsake.

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory to have of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that memory you have of your Dad and the photo too. My MIL had that same fabric on a chair!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I love the monkey. It reminded me of my father, he smoked a pipe. Nice memory of your Dad. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute! I love the smell of a pipe. My dad always had one around. We used to play with his humidor. I was fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that the monkey statuette smokes a pipe like your dad. It makes it an even more treasured object because it has that commonality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only known one person who smoked a pipe, and he died when I was very young. But I've never forgotten the smell of the pipe tobacco. It's a smell I still love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure--so glad you shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful father...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the monkey and the story behind it! I have some treasures from past family members :)

    ReplyDelete