Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday

 Rehoboth Beach, Delaware is probably my most favorite place to go. The last time that I was there was in November 2019 for a long weekend. It was cold and rainy for most of the trip, but one day the rain stopped, the temperature became warmer. The sun had a brief appearance. I snapped a quick picture of the boardwalk with my phone. 

To this day, it's one of my favorite pictures, and is my computer's screen saver. It brings me peace to look at it. So when I decided to put a picture on the wall in the newly remodeled bathroom, I had it put on canvas and framed. 


Now, I get a little feeling of peace every morning as I start my day.

On the knitting front, the shawl that I started has been ripped out. I just didn't like it! I was not enjoying knitting it at all. So I searched for a mosaic pattern on Ravelry, and found "Desert Frost". It's perfect, and I am so enjoying knitting it. There's texture in solid color, and mosaic color work. Just perfect.



I'm using the same yarn. It's amazing how the color seems to be different with every photo I take.

See the slipped stitch pattern in the solid part? Kind of a herringbone look. I highly recommend this pattern. 

I had two close friends over on the patio today to knit. It was such a mood lifter to see two friends in person and knit with them. We were distanced, yet we felt close and had a few laughs. And my one friend gave me some of her home made apple butter! 


Oh, and I made a pumpkin spice cake for the occasion. It was so good. 


I hope that you all had a good day! I know that I did!

19 comments:

  1. I love that photo. The sky in it is beautiful.

    Ooooooooooooooo...pumpkin cake!!! 'Tis the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- it was a beautiful sky that day.
      Definitely the season! Drinking P.S. coffee right now!

      Delete
  2. Itsn't it amazing how the seaside draws so many of us? For us it's one of three places. The Oregon coast, especially the central Oregon coast. Maui, on the south side of the island near Kihei. And finally, northern Japan near Mutsu, in Aomori. Our son lived just a block from the beach and I loved to go sit in the harbor and just watch the water.
    I'm glad you had time to sit and knit with your friends. So many of us are distanced so much. We have one set of friends that we consider family because neither of us has any other family nearby. We're each others "family group."
    Take care and enjoy your Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japanese beaches sound beautiful. My husband was there when in the Navy and enjoyed the beach, as well. I have learned that family comes in many forms.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I love your photo from the beach! It is a peaceful scene. Your new shawl pattern looks pretty. The apple butter sounds yummy, I love the honey crisp apples. The cake look delicious too. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love putting personal photos and drawings on the walls. It's so much more homey and evocative of our own lives than simply matching a decor. Yours is a perfect example.

    This post sounds so joyful! Everything is happy and satisfying. I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was a good weekend. Joy was abundant.

      Delete
  5. When my kids were little my mom used to rent a house in Rehoboth a week or two before Christmas as a place we could all gather at the same time and celebrate. She would even pack a tree. I used to love going through all the little shops looking for Christmas things there and walking on the cold beach with the kids. Such good memories. I haven't been back there since she passed away almost 20 years ago now.
    I had to laugh at the apple butter. Everyone knows I have an irrational dislike for it after I got very sick eating it once when I was just a kid. Today's Inktober prompt is Disgusting and I was just telling The Mister that I am going to ink a jar of apple butter. I think it was sweet of your friend to gift it. I am sure it's quite a process to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going to Rehoboth for 30 years or so. You should definitely go back! I've never been there for Christmas. bet it's pretty. My husband is a big fan of apple butter, so he will probably claim most of this jar.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was! Thanks. Just a recipe off of the internet.

      Delete
  7. Doesn't it do us good to see a friend on home turf! I'm happy for you! the new shawl is beautiful--I'm going to check it out! I'm sorry the other shawl didn't work but you tried and so chuck it without a look back! Love the picture on the wall--I have a few favorites, I should do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I didn't plod through the original pattern, not really enjoying it. The picture I purchased through Snapfish. They had a sale, and it was well worth it. I keep some of my pictures archived there.

      Delete
  8. So good to get together with friends, isn't it? That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. our favorite beach is Cape May NJ and we went there last year, who knew it would be the last visit for a long time?? Your cake looks delicious!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was delicious, thank you! Just a recipe of the internet. We took the ferry to Cape May for the day when we were in Rehoboth. I loved it, too.

      Delete
  10. I love that shawl...love the color and yes, could see the pattern. I bet it was fun to see two friends.

    ReplyDelete