Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tuesday

 Not much happening around these parts. It's getting cooler, and the plants on the patio are starting to lose their lively look. I cut the basil down to stalks and gave it to my friend when she was here Saturday. She has a dehydrator and will put it in a jar and get it back to me. I told her to keep some, but she has some of her own herbs already dried.

I finished the Desert Frost shawl, and it's blocking in the basement. What a pretty pattern. It'll be perfect for a cold November day.


I swear, this thing changes color with every picture that I take. 


The three sections go together well, and I enjoyed knitting all three. I would knit this pattern again. Although, I think that I'd do it in a merino and not alpaca. I like the alpaca, but the stitch definition would show up better in another fiber, I think. 


I'm now going through Ravelry to find a sweater pattern for this yarn. Not sure when or why I bought it, but I only have 4 skeins (880 yards). So I think it will have to be more like a tee. It's worsted weight merino. Super soft, and I like how the color hasn't saturated the yarn. The search goes on...


This old girl went to the vet yesterday. Bella is 13 now ( I thought she was 14 until we checked her chart. Whoops...) and still has a little pep to her. She gets around fine, and lets us know loud and clear when it's dinner time. I've had her since she was 15 weeks old. She puts up with a lot of Reggie's shenanigans, and for that she is a saint. She got a clean bill of health yesterday. They did do some bloodwork, for which I have not gotten the results. But all in all, she's a happy puglet. 

10 comments:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful and I love the stitches in all three sections. I use the same blocking mats!
    Our Chloe is 15 now. It's hard to imagine. We love her so much and I can't bear to think of not having her. Sure wish dogs lived as long as we do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me - I've never thought of drying my herbs! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater yarn is gorgeous and would make an attractive tee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    The shawl looks pretty, I like the yarn and colors on the second image, is that a shawl too? Your Bella is adorable, congrats on the clean bill of health. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous shawl and cannot wait to see what pattern you choose for the yarn from your stash. Your dog is delightful to behold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful yarn you are holding in your hand. That shawl would be nice on the chillier days.

    Glad that Bella got a clean bill of health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shawl!!!
    Don't you just love when you have some yarn and go looking for a project? I'm excited just thinking about you getting to do it..lol.
    Your pug is so sweet. I have a friend who has 3 of them and drove them all (and her four kids) all the way back to MD from California a few years ago. It was quite the adventure I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thyme has taken over my herb garden; I've cut it back several times and dried a ton. I just bring it inside, tie it in bunches, and let it dry naturally.

    Love that Yarn In Waiting. Beautiful colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous shawl! Love it. I think our son and his wife just got a dehydrator - I'll be anxious to try some things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow-you sure powered through the shawl-it is beautiful and will be a warm addition when the weather cools! Yay for healthy pets!

    ReplyDelete