Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday

 First off, I need to clarify something. When I said that we remodeled our bathroom, I meant that we paid a lot of money to a company to do the work to remodel our bathroom. This girl knows nothing about pipes, grout or electric wires. What I do know is communicating my vision to the professionals, picking out all Tile, faucets, cabinets, cabinet pulls, natural light options, etc. and getting someone else to do the work! Thank you all for your compliments. It came out exactly as I envisioned it would be. The one thing that I did not pick out was the ceiling color. I picked the blue walls, and the contractor suggested using a darker tone of blue for the ceiling. What a great effect it made!

And if you're wondering what role my husband played, he prefers me to pick out things, then come to him for his opinion (which is always positive). He says he has no taste. I beg to differ. I mean, he married me, right? 

Yesterday involved a lot of blocking..




I finished the Grinchy socks last night while watching bad 60's horror on Svengoolie..


Now I need to peruse the stash upstairs and figure out what I want to knit next. Stay tuned!


Some of us are taking the whole "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" seriously!


20 comments:

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous!!!!
    There is an advantage to having a crew do your work-it gets done. Lol...my bathroom took a year. My kitchen might just take two. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire those who can do such things themselves. It might take more time, but it's a thing to be proud of when it's done.
      Thanks for the comment on the shawl.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful projects blocking. I think you made great decisions with your bathroom. We would never take on a project like that ourselves. We know where our talents lie and it's not with tiling, plumbing, etc.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Clint Eastwood said, "A man has got to know his limits."

      Delete
  3. Love your shawl and the socks. You bathroom re-do is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Your shawl is beautiful, love the colorful socks too. I love the lazy afternoon photo, cute. My hubby does not enjoy any kind of home remodeling, making decisions. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband does do some home jobs, but thankfully knows his limit.

      Delete
  5. Love the pup photo, he/she is living the high life!! Gorgeous knitting and we hired landscapers to do our retaining wall, it was just too big of project for my husband and we do not have the equipment to do the big job justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking at getting a retaining wall as well. The wall now is stucko and about 60 years old.

      Delete
  6. It's my dream to have all projects done by others. My husband is a carpenter and all-around construction person, so he often does things himself. This means stuff takes FOREVER. I hate that.

    Reggie is living his best life. All Sundays should be lived his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that your wait is worth it. It's nice to have a pro in the house, I imagine.

      Delete
  7. I am hoping to talk my guy into hiring someone to finish up a couple of areas in our house...I'm not holding my breath! lol Great finish for the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finishes. The gold and green shawl is so pretty. Looks very Irish.

    That photo of Reggie literally made me laugh out loud. He sure knows how to chill out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am part Irish, so I guess I wear it proudly!
      Reggie is quite the relaxed pup.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful shawls and great socks!
    Your puppers is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, Reggie keeps us smiling.

      Delete