Friday, October 23, 2020

Home Treasure Friday

 This Friday's home treasure isn't mine. It's actually my daughter's. When she was at college, she had a very good friend (and still is her good friend) named Andy. He was a film maker, a photographer, a pianist, and an artist. He went on to work for the Discovery Channel, I believe. 

Anyhoo...He always gave my daughter thoughtful birthday gifts that he made himself. This is an origami koi fish that he made over weeks. It's made from a one dollar bill. I think that it's amazing. It resides in my house currently, because my daughter moved to England after college and left many things behind for me to keep for a while. After five years (and a husband and 2 kids and the dog) she moved to Southern California. BUT..in November they are all driving back here and will live close to me again! So Mr. koi will probably go to its rightful owner. 



He even lined up the design on the dollar to look like eyes! And look at those scales!



So that's it. Do you have a Friday home treasure?

8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Wow, that is really cool. Amazing he could line up the eyes.
    I am glad your daughter and her family are moving close to you.
    Take care, wishing you a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really intricate design, especially the eyes and scales. I'm so glad you're daughter and her family will be closer to you. Lucky lady!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that's a single dollar bill with all those intricate folds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would've loved to watch him make it! Glad you were able to watch over it for a while! (best news is daughter moving closer again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So blessed that your daughter is going to live near you again. That koi is amazing...

    ReplyDelete