Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Wednesday

 It's late Wednesday, but I thought I'd check in. Thank you all for your kind comments regarding my sweater and the cowl. 

The Dissent cowl is finished The flared front looks a little like a ruffle, but should straighten out after blocking. I also wish that the color change went beyond yellow, but that's the breaks. I have plenty of both colors to make something else. 



A buck posed for me yesterday.



He stuck around for quite a while before scampering off.

I bought a book and it came today. It's just out and has some amazing photos and some really amazing tips and recipes.



Lastly, I brought in my turmeric plant for the season. I bought this in April from an online plant supplier. It came as a tuber and I planted it with little hope that it would do anything. My climate zone is a little too cool for it, but I thought I'd give it a try. It started to grow in late Spring, but didn't do much but sprout big wide leaves. But when I went over to bring it inside, I found that it was blooming!


Isn't it gorgeous? I hope that I can keep it going this winter. 

Yesterday, I went somewhere that I haven't gone in months and months.  More on that later!

9 comments:

  1. Your Dissent Cowl is beautiful!

    Can you imagine having a beautiful cake like that one on the cover? WOW! Now I am craving a slice of cake. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cowl, that cake and that Buck are all wonderful !! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cowl. I need to go take a look at that pattern. I've never seen a turmeric plant. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cowl is gorgeous. The book looks really good too and I think the photos of the buck are gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    The new cowl looks beautiful. I love the deer photos. The bloom on your plant is lovely. The Magnolia book looks nice, I am sure the baked goods are delicious. What will you be baking?
    We are having a rainy Thursday. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turmeric flower is a first for me; I've never seen one before. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turmeric plant and bloom are interesting: both are “new” to me. The buck does look like he’s posing for photos - he’s quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tumeric plant is so pretty and very exotic looking! Good for you! The buck is a beauty. The cowl turned out so pretty--nice work and fast work on that project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the buck. And tumeric... that's another plant I have to add to my "to collect" list! Lol.

    ReplyDelete