Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday

 It's Friday, and I decided to start a challenge. From now on, I'm going to have "Home Treasure Friday". As I look around my house, I realize that I have so many things to be thankful for, and so many treasures that either I have acquired or I have had passed down to me. 

So every Friday, I'm going to post pictures of a home treasure. It can be a special yarn that I like, an heirloom that I have from my family or anything from my home that brings me joy (as Ms. Kondo would say). 

Want to join in? Just post one of your own home treasures with a little story about it!

Here goes:


This little cupboard was my Mother's. She had 2 sisters, so they probably played with it too. Being the only granddaughter, It was passed down to me.  It was probably made by someone in the family out of old scrap wood. I would say it's from the mid-1920's. I remember playing with this at my Grandmother's when I was little. I am fortunate to have ended up owning it. 


Here's a teaspoon for scale.



It's just as it was when I was little. Packed up with treasures inside. I love the little glass jug with a tiny cork in it.

What's  one of your home treasures?

18 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Wow, it is tiny and so cute! Love the little treasures inside too. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things on a shelf that I forget about, then remember and treasure.

      Delete
  2. What an adorable cabinet! I love all the tiny treasures inside, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a keeper and has permanent residency on my corner cabinet shelf.

      Delete
  3. At first I thought that was full size and was awfully pretty. Then I saw the size ............oh my word, that is simply adorable. I love all the little things found inside.

    I'll post my treasure in a little bit. What a good idea for a blog subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your treasure! Thanks for playing along. Now that I look, it does look life-size in the pictures!

      Delete
  4. How sweet! I have a tiny little rocking chair that my aunt says was in my doll house when I was little. I have no recollection of it but it still sits on my shelf with my other little treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that it's cute. Would love to see a picture.

      Delete
  5. When I first saw it I thought it was normal furniture size. Then you said you played with it as a little girl and I thought it was child sized. Then...I saw the teaspoon and realized just how tiny this treasure is. I love it and all of the secret treasures hidden within. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized how lifelike it looks after the comments. Didn't think that it looked that deceiving when I was taking the photos! But now I see..

      Delete
  6. Me, too! Good thing you put the teaspoon there for scale! I would love to have played with it, too! Thanks, I will join in next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are joining, and I'll be happy to see what treasure you come up with! Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I would have adored this as a child,too! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool!
    When i was very little (about five or six), I had a plastic doll house, but most of the furniture was cast metal in the Victorian style (fancy couch, wood burning cooker, etc). I also remember I had a full set of teeny tiny dishes for the dining room, but Mom kept them up, out of reach. I had to ask to play with them, and give them back when I was done so they didn't get lost.
    I think I sold it all at at garage sale when I was a tween, but I honestly can't remember.
    I've always wanted one of those big, expensive wooden doll houses - but we definitely don't have the space for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex made a wooden doll house for my daughter when she was young. Piece by piece. It took a year to make. It had stained hardwood floors, wallpaper, shingles on the roof, a brick chimney...it's in my garage wrapped up for when my granddaughters are older.

      Delete
  9. I am so out of sync with my blogging...I am sorry to be so late coming. I really don't know why I am because I love your blog.

    I would like to remember this for Fridays...right now I have in mind something to post when Friday comes if all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Said all that and did not tell you that I LOVe your treasure. How wonderful that you still have it all. And I was so glad you put the teaspoon there for scale.

    ReplyDelete