Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thursday

I went somewhere yesterday with a friend in my "Covid pod". In other words, she's someone who I trust lives as I do and is not a risk. We get together now and then. So yesterday, we went to our local yarn store.

We were the only customers. Their rules are only 4 customers in the store at one time (not a problem in this case) and you have to make a bee-line to back of the store and wash your hands as soon as you arrive. And of course, you must wear a mask.

I bought some Malibrigo Rios worsted weight to make a cowl. It felt so foreign to go into a yarn store and buy yarn, yet it felt wonderful! It's been way too long.


It's a bit darker in real life, but you get the idea.

Here's the cowl that I'm going to knit with it...


It's mosaic, of course. My go to technique these days.


Tonight, I made the best meal that I've made in a long time. I found a recipe for roasted veggies and chicken thighs. I cook and eat a lot of chicken breasts. This was such a nice break from the norm. The recipe was amazing. It had bacon and apples and sage and thyme and rosemary...So good!! All the veggies caramelized and were out of this world. Here it is...

Autumn Chicken Dinner

Hope you have a good evening. Tomorrow is Home Treasure Friday!

22 comments:

  1. The yarns you chose sure are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Malibrigo yarn is always a good choice. They have amazing colors.

      Delete
  2. You can BET that recipe went into my "to make" files. It sounds delicious!

    The yarns you bought are beautiful. I have a question? What is the difference between mosaic knitting and stranded color work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With mosaic, you don't carry the other yarn over the row. You slip stitches and change colors only at the beginning of the row. In other words, you're only working with one color per row.
      And that recipe is so worth making!

      Delete
  3. Roasted veggies are yummy - nature’s candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly were amazing! It was the epitome of Autumn.

      Delete
  4. The yarn is so pretty and it will make you a baautful cowl. (Or whomever you give it too.) Just try to remember to be careful when you go into stores.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I am careful. I am very selective as to what stores I will enter. There are only a few.

      Delete
  5. Tjhanks for the link to the recipe - sounds delicious. I've made some similar dishes, but I like the addition of apple and bacon in this one!! Beautiful yarn that you bought. I bet it was so nice to visit a yarn shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a recipe that just shouted Autumn! It was delicious.

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    Your new yarn is pretty, I like the colors. The cowl is beautiful too. Your meal looks and sounds delicious, apples and bacon YUM. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn colors spoke to me. So did the pattern.

      Delete
  7. Such pretty yarn! Thanks for linking to the recipe. I'd eat only dark meat always if I could. It's so much more flavourful and moist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my preference as well. This chicken was super moist.

      Delete
  8. lovely yarn and we have a couple who are in our covid pod too. I would love to go to a yarn store!! None around me so I'll live through your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn stores are dwindling, it seems. I have seen at least 4 come and go in my area in the last 10 years. Kind of sad.

      Delete
  9. Oh...to be in a yarn store! It must have been heaven. I haven't been in one since January. I would have bought out the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely had to exercise some self control!

      Delete
  10. I agree.. I was in a yarn store in oklahoma a month ago, and I miss touching the yarns!!!! But it is a small price to be heathy I love your yarn choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them too. Malibrigo is one of my favorites. It's so soft, and their colors are amazing.

      Delete
  11. Love the new yarn and pattern! It must've been amazing to be in a yarn store with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was an hour of normal life that I needed. Well, normal if you call wearing a mask normal...but I'll take it for now!

      Delete