Friday, October 2, 2020

Friday

 It's Friday, which does not prompt the end-of-work-week happy dance as it did around this time last year. Last year, this was my last month of work before retirement. I retired on 10/31 last year. Wow. Can't believe that it's been that long already.  But then when I think of the lost time due to the pandemic, it feels like eons. So many things we would have done in 2020 that have been put on hold...sigh.

Ah, well. I have many things to be happy about. A husband who is with me through this. A room full of yarn. Roof over our heads and food on the table. 

Speaking of the roof, we raised the one in our bathroom and totally renovated it. The ceilings upstairs run along the roof line, so they slant. Our shower was very short, and my 6 foot husband had to crouch a bit under the shower head. Not any more! The roof was raised, a skylight was put in, and my ancient tiled bathroom came into modern day! Here's some before and after shots...

Before:


See how slanted and low the ceiling is in the shower picture below?




During:


After:






That's my big news from the last few months. Is it weird to love a bathroom? 

In other news, I finished Grinchy sock #1. 



17 comments:

  1. The finishes you chose are gorgeous.

    Love the sock too --- but, you better get going on number two. Chilly weather is a'comin' and you only have ONE warm foot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved picking things out, from tile to cabinet pulls. Put all together, I am very happy!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Your new bathroom is gorgeous. I love the tiles, color and the skylight. I would love to re-do our bathroom. We just replaced 10 windows and put in a new heating furnace. So the next project will have to wait. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some window issues, as well. But winter is coming, and will have to wait I think.

      Delete
  3. We had a shower like that when I was a teen, but the only one affected was my poor brother, the rest of us were all under 5'9"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't an issue in my first marriage. It took marrying a tall man to find out! Haha!

      Delete
  4. The bathroom renovation looks fantastic! I love the clean lines and the skylight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom is gorgeous! It looks like something off of HGTV. I would have to hire someone to design and decorate my house if I wanted it to look so nice. I am NOT skilled in decorating at all.
    Your sock is great too. Fall is here you need to get the other one done too!!!
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to pick out all of the fixtures and cabinet pulls and tile.

      Delete
  6. WOW!!! That is one heck of a great remodel! We did ours two years ago and it took us over a year. Right now I am sitting in my wreck of a kitchen. We ripped it out right before lockdown and now we are not sure how we are going to safely finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kitchen was remodeled just before Covid hit. I feel your pain! It was weeks with no oven and a fridge in the family room.

      Delete
  7. Oh, no-that bathroom is beautiful; I have one that still needs renovating so it is inspiring to see your work! The sock looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not weird at all to love a bathroom. You really made great choices. And I know your husband--and his back!--appreciate the renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old AND the new...Riger and I are both short so that would not have mattered. But love that skylight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retirement is not what I expected either. Love your remodel. I am working on my husband to get our kitchen and master bath remodeled. Just need to convince him that it is okay to let someone else do the work!

    ReplyDelete