Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday

 I picked up some evidence of the season on our Reggie walk and around our yard this morning. There is no doubt. Fall is here.


I finished the Big Crush sweater. It has soaked and now is gently spinning in my washer. I'm hoping that the main color hasn't bled into the contrasting color too much. The water kind of looked like diluted red wine when I took it out of the basin. Here it is pre-soak..


I'll give it a light blocking after the water spins out of it.

I started the Dissent Cowl. I really am hooked on mosaic knitting. This is so fun to knit and keeps my attention. The yarn was from stash. I had bought these two skeins from a yarn store in Annapolis for a brioche knitting class that I took. I used it in class, but pulled it out and rewound when I got home. 


I think that this will be a Christmas present to a friend who will appreciate it. Have a good day! Hope you have a sunnier sky than we do here.

19 comments:

  1. A pretty collection of Fall finery. I collected leaves on a walk several years ago. It was fun to see the variety I found. Love the sweater and the cowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. I've been gathering nature on walks since I was a kid.

      Delete
  2. Your Sweater is just brilliant!! Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we may have the same fall thingamabobs lying about now too. The Mister was winning the battle of the leaves but then came the rain....
    The sweater is lovely! I am hoping for some sweater weather soon. I finished three last year that I never got to wear.
    I really enjoyed mosaic knitting too when I was working on that huge blanket. I never thought about a cowl...now I'm off to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are many mosaic cowls on Ravelry. I'm thinking about another one very soon.

      Delete
  4. The sweater is absolutely gorgeous.

    It was cold and rainy all day here and now the fog is rolling in pretty thickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully you'll get some sun soon.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sweater! No sun here...just grey and damp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mist, grey, clouds, and forties. I'm pulling my Happy Light out of storage today.

    Lovely sweater. And pretty purple cowl! You knit so swiftly, you're a machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be getting speedier in my knitting. Not sure why, other than the fact that it makes my feel better to knit. No happy light here- just lots of yarn to cheer me up.

      Delete
  7. Hello,

    I love the fall image, the sweater is so pretty. I love the cowl and the color. We are expecting another cloudy day today, more rain on the way. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are getting possible flooding tomorrow. Not looking forward to that in my little town. (Ellicott City- famous for flooding)

      Delete
  8. beautiful knitting (as always) and I love your walk pickings!! It's going to be over soon here and I'm a little sad about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fall colors are fleeting, so I like to take a picture of them when I can. Soon the gray of winter will seep in.

      Delete
  9. That sweater is amazing!!!! I love to use mosaic knitting , too, but I've never done it in the round--looks like it would be a great knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy in the round. And fun, too.
      Thanks for your kind comments.

      Delete
  10. I love your October gatherings from your walk.. and The Big Crush sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete