Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday

 Today is kind of drizzly here in Maryland. We managed to get a walk in with Reggie, though. Later today, I'm going to my doctor's for the flu shot and a second shingles shot. I may not feel so great later. We'll see..

Yesterday, I managed to get a shot of a butterfly (Cloudless Sulphur) on the Lion's Ear. The larger butterflies are few and far between now.


Knitting progress:


I'm coming down to the wire with yarn now. I have one ball left. I stopped the 2 inch ribbing on the bottom of the sweater at a little over 1 inch, and started the sleeves. That way, if I don't have enough for the ribbing at the bottom after 2 sleeves, I'll add a band of the contrasting color. Stay tuned.


The sleeves are supposed to be a bit short (thank goodness). Here's a picture of the finished sweater from the pattern. 

The husband likes to take a ride on his motorcycle on sunny afternoons. Reggie goes on alert and waits for him to return. This was yesterday.


I have no idea how he got that black smudge on the back of his neck. Must have walked under something. It will disappear today when he gets a bath.


Such a vigilant boy. Have a good day!


11 comments:

  1. I like that chair...and your sweater - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Pretty shot of the butterfly and flower. The sweater is pretty.
    Reggie is a cutie! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan for stretching the yarn by adding a contrasting rib edge, if necessary. The sweater looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that sweater...and I like sleeves that length.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reggie is so sweet waiting for his "dad" to get back home. That chair is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way back in the day when we had dogs-this is what I remember as so amazing-long before any of us could hear my DH coming along-the dog always perked up and ran to the door! The sweater is looking good! So close now-good insurance on doing the sleeves first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos. The knitting is gorgeous. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reggie is so alert and vigilant in waiting for Dad to come home. Your sweater is beautiful. I'm playing yarn chicken with Piper's last sweater. I have four skeins but I used 1 1/2 on the back. I still have 2 fronts, buttonband and two long sleeves. I fear I won't have enough either.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So loyal, that Reggie! I am rarely successful with yarn chicken. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All our butterflies are gone now. It was fairly warm yesterday, and I did see a wasp, but that was it.
    Your sweater is looking beautiful. You are making much better progress on it than I am on my chunky cardigan.
    Reggie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweater is lovely!!!
    Reggie is such a good boy. Pup does that when The Mister goes out but it's been such a long time since we've been anywhere I wonder if she will remember. It's going to be strange leaving her home. It's been almost a year now since we've done that. I bet she freaks.

    ReplyDelete