Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday

 There's some sort of weird pattern in today's activities. I was knee deep in German short rows and Asian short ribs.

First, I'm on the body of the yoke sweater now, and I'm about to do some German short row shaping. I've watched 3 different YouTube videos to be sure that I have it mastered. I have done short row wrap and turns many times, but German short rows are kind of new to me.

Second, I used my Instant Pot today. I'm late to the IP party. I bought one about a year ago on sale for about half price in a kitchen store in the mall. I was a bit scared of it for a while. Then, I spoke to some friends and decided to try. I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a month. A friend gave me a really good book that has step-by-step recipes.


So, I made the Asian short ribs.


They were good. The sauce was super strong, and you didn't need much. I served them over rice and totally forgot to steam the broccoli. Ah well, it will have to go with the leftovers tomorrow.

There will be side yard updates soon. Stay safe, readers. 

9 comments:

  1. The ribs look VERY saucy! Steve would love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribs look delicious. My Instant Pot is packed in storage but maybe I need to try to find it again.
    German short rows aren't my favorite but maybe that's because I only did them on one project and never really got comfortable with it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The ribs do look yummy. I do not have an instant pot, the cook book sounds great. I am always looking for new recipes. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves his instapot but I have no room to put anything in my wreck of a kitchen so I've resisted getting one.
    I just learned German short rows and the first half of my sweater shoulders are kind of wonky but I nailed it on the second side. If I can do it anyone can. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to learn new knitting techniques! Dinner looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, short rows. And MMMMM...short ribs! I've eschewed the InstaPot because I do not need one more cooking gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love short rows and I think I have them memorized but then who knows! I quickly re-remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so tasty...I have not got an instapot yet.

    ReplyDelete