Monday, March 30, 2020

Bloom Where You're Planted

First, some yarnbombing:

Yesterday was a new stitch for me. I went on YouTube to learn a stitch that would give some texture. The result:


Bumpy texture. 

Today, I put up some love. I had a very good weekend, celebrating a birthday over the internet with family. I also helped a neighbor in need. I am feeling the love. 


I also "supervised" my dear husband in transplanting a small tree. A few years ago, a Rose of Sharon grew from a seed in the back of my property. I didn't plant it. I only noticed it because of the beautiful pink blooms peeking between the pine trees.  I suggested that it could be transplanted and become a more prominent fixture in the yard. After all, to buy one of these plants at a garden center would probably cost $75.00 or more. So DH dug it up and we decided to put it in our fenced back yard. I can't wait for it to bloom. It is a true gift given to me by Mother Nature. 

From here......


To here!


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait. I have a crepe myrtle next to it (in the background) and this part of the yard will look wonderful in July/August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, isn't You Tube wonderful? I went on to learn how to crochet hearts! I can now do them in my sleep *smiles*. That new bumpy stitch is awesome, imagine a scarf done in that?

    ReplyDelete