Monday, March 23, 2020

Yarn and Positivity

Remember when it was common to hear "What did you do this weekend?" on a Monday morning? Things seem to be revolving around what we DIDN'T or COULDN'T do these days. I look forward to when things are back to normal, but until then, tell me what you DID do this weekend!

Here's what I did:


I made applesauce. The bowl of peelings were tossed out back for the deer that wander through. 


It was delicious. 7 big green Granny Smith apples, juice of one lemon, cinnamon, cup of apple juice(I used water. Didn't have juice) and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Peel and slice up the apples. Toss it all together in the Instant Pot for 8 minutes, natural release. And a ginger molasses cookie added to the bowl doesn't hurt either.


I added more to the yarn bombing. A little more color and texture this time.

I also made spaghetti sauce, walked a bit with Reggie and husband, danced in the kitchen to some Van Morrison while cooking, checked on the gardens to see what's popping up, had a great video chat with four of my friends(all together), watched some good TV and some really bad TV and worked on my second sock. 

Happy Monday! What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. A ginger cookie NEVER hurts.

    I knit, knit, knit and when I stopped knitting, we went out for an ice cream cone. Thank goodness for drive through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pre-made Good Humor ice cream cones in the freezer. Not quite the same thing as a good old hand-scooped one.

    ReplyDelete