Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Upside-Down Chicken and Bears

Hello, all.
First, today's Yarnbomb installment. I wanted to add a bloom to the tree, so here you go. Petals were knit as I go, no pattern. Every one is a little different in shape, because I didn't write down what I did between petals! Ah, well nature isn't perfect, right?



Also, I made a chicken with what fresh vegetables I had on hand. I did something that I've never done. I cooked it breast down! It wasn't intentional. I honestly looked at both sides, and thought that the bottom was the top. When I first cut into it, my thought was that it was the most anemic chicken I'd ever seen!


Like many neighbors in my area, I joined the movement of putting a teddy bear (or two) in my window for the kids to have "bear hunts" when they are out walking or being driven by parents. The little one was my son's (I think) and the big one was mine in college. They have both seen better days, and I'm sure that they were happy and grateful to be out of the musty plastic container in the garage. 

See you tomorrow! Working on some stripes for the tree...

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww...the bears are adorable. We have one of Stephen's. It usually sits on the rocker. I don't think any kids will be walking on our street (main road), but it won't hurt to put a bear there anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have kids going in cars with their parents looking for bears around here. Maybe someone will see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually seen a few teddy bears in windows here too. I can't do it as our front windows are tinted, so they wouldn't be seen. Loving your tree and flower..... hmmmm flowers. I could put fabric flowers on my tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric flowers would look great!

    ReplyDelete