Thursday, March 26, 2020

Walnuts in Everything

I made a coffee cake today. It has been proven that baking can calm you and make you less anxious. (It must be true. I read it on the internet.) Anyway, whenever I bake anything, my husband asks me if I'm going to put walnuts in it. The man is a walnut freak. So today, I pulled out a simple yellow cake mix and mixed the batter. To which I added the following topping once the batter was in the 9X13 pan:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour 
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of walnuts

I then washed my hands really well (again), and started to mush the above ingredients together to make a crumble topping. 
Baked it according to cake box. Here's the end result:

So good.
I also added to the yarnbomb tree today:


That's leftover baby yarn from a sweater that I made my great niece many years ago.

Here is a picture of Jolene, our cat. She came into the family when I married my husband. She looks over the yard and monitors the squirrel and bird activity.


Hope you all have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...walnuts. I'm a big fan of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, because he wants them in everything baked! Sometimes I have to tell him no, they won't go in this.

    ReplyDelete