Friday, March 27, 2020

Socks and Tassels

I finished my socks today. They're knit from hand-dyed yarn that I purchased long ago. Not even sure where. Unless you knit your socks two at a time, you run the risk of knitting this kind of yarn and ending up with mis-matched socks. These aren't too bad, but as Stacy and Clinton used to say on What Not To Wear, "It doesn't match. It goes". I'm ok with that. These are socks, after all. Not really a visible garment.




Today I added a little flair to the tree. Added a tassel to the yarn bomb! I hope my neighbors and passers-by are getting a kick out of my tree. The weekend comes. What shall I work on next? I have a few inches of a sweater knit up that needs attention. Maybe I'll go back to it.


2 comments:

  1. They are very festive socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skein was deceiving. It looked completely different. It looked like it was going to be mostly color and a very little bit of dark yarn. Once knit up, the dark was more prominent.

    ReplyDelete