Thursday, March 19, 2020

Feeling Disconnected

Hello. I have blogged before in another life. I'm now in self-imposed isolation due to this stupid virus. I am not at in the highest risk group, but could potentially have a stronger case if I ever got it.  So, we (husband and I) are staying inside and away from others.

What I have found this week to dull the insanity:

1. Form a group of friends on Skype or IM and meet once in a while via video chat. I'm doing this with friends. The written word is lovely, but to hear a friend's voice is really comforting. To see others in their own homes has a bonding quality.

2. Get creative! Look on YouTube if there's something that you want to try. I am a knitter. I like to bake, as well. My husband loves his sweets, so this works out nicely. As far as knitting, the rhythmic click of the needles is very calming. I have enough stashed yarn to last me for decades, so I'm good.

3. Organize. If there's a collection of photos, recipes, books or anything that you have put aside to find time to organize, now is the time! That's one thing we have now. Time.

4. Walk! Go out and see your world. If your parks are open, go see them. Really look at the world around you. Nature is amazing.  At some point in the walk, stop and take it in. Find something that makes you feel calm and focus on it. If thoughts come into your head, see them as clouds and blow them out of the way. Try to focus in the NOW and clear your head. Look at you! You're meditating!

I'll be back with some photos tomorrow. We can get through this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment