Monday, April 13, 2020

Another Monday

It's a rainy day here. Just adds to the dreary feeling that I had when I woke up. But I'm determined to make the best of today. Maybe a drive with the husband to the west of us. Just to get out and see some interesting land would be nice. And a walk, if the rain holds off.

Here's today's yarn bomb. I experimented with a little slip-stitch pattern, although it kind of got lost when the piece was stretched over the limb. Ah, well...It's some color anyway. I do have to say that my pom-pom skills are lacking. Must work on that...


Yesterday, we had some frozen spinach and cheese raviolis for dinner. Instead of boiling them, the husband put them on the grill. I would have never thought to do this, but they were great! I dipped them in some jarred marinara. Very tasty.  The corners of the ravioli got crispy and the cheese was perfect inside, with no leaks (like they always do when you boil them). Success!


Yesterday, I also planted some bulbs that I bought online. Two are elephant ear plants (taro). The other two are ornamental cumin and a canna. They are in pots out on the patio. Here's what my plants looked like last year in the height of summer. I had two elephant ears last year, too.



I really want another potted hibiscus, but will probably have to buy it at a grocery store later this year. That's Ok. I do have the perennial kind in the garden, too. Here's one from last year...


I have a yellow one, too. they get to be about 8 feet tall and full of these big flowers. 

That's about it for today. I added many of you kind bloggers to my blog roll. I have been reading your blogs, and they cheer me up and make me realize that there is a big world still out there beyond my front door! Have a good day!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, grilled ravioli! I'd never have thought of that. We grill pizzas on naan aside from the Usual Stuff, but never pasta. Thanks for the tip.

    Great new addition to the tree. I don't even try poms; they're never as wonderful as I want them to be.

    We got a ton of daffodil and tulip bulbs in the fall from Breck's and planted them in our back garden (our whole teeny backyard is nothing but landscape beds). They're all coming up now, and they look so cheery and Springy.

    Thanks for the add to your blogroll. Will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled ravoli! What a fabulous idea - I never would have thought of it. Must try!! Like your latest yarn bombing - very pretty. I've never had luck with pom-poms.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ravioli were fantastic. Just can't leave them on too long, or the filling starts to drip out.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't make a pom pom to save my life. Yours looks good on the tree. I certainly wouldn't worry about perfection. Go for FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're a bit droopy. We just had a storm blow through, so I'm sure the pom-pom is really droopy now!

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted an Elephant Ear plant, but I don't have a lot of room for one. They are cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, your pom-pom looks so cute. The ravioli looks delicious, I have never tried grilling it. I would like a big hibiscus in a pot for my deck, the hummers love the blooms. Take care! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a few hummers. I sure would like more. They are happy little birds.You have a great week as well!

      Delete
  7. Your yarn bombing must be a neighborhood hit! Such colorful fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't had a complaint yet, so I guess they like it! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the colors on today's yarn bomb. I can just imagine your neighbors coming out to see what new thing you've done every day!
    I use the clover pom-pom makers and they work great. Before that, mine were really pitiful.
    Grilled ravioli. That sounds amazing!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been tempted to buy those clover pom-pom makers. I might just do it.

      Delete
  9. They look delicious!!! We are having beans on toast-again so anything grilled sounds like heaven.
    Love the new yarn bomb. I remember the year the MDSW did their fence outside the entry booths. It was really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that, too! Those were the days. Sigh...

      Delete
  10. The ravioli sounds delicious...I would never have thought to grill them either.

    Love all your plants...

    ReplyDelete