Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday

Today's yarn bomb is a simple purple band. I was kind of busy today, and my creative muse wasn't calling to me. 



I washed my floor today. I had my kitchen and dining area completely redone about 2 months ago. I used to have a light colored tile floor in both rooms. I now have commercial grade laminate that looks like wood. The problem is that it doesn't show dirt like the old floor. So I am fooled into thinking that it's cleaner than it really is. I found out today that it was in great need of cleaning! Guess I'll have to improve on my cleaning schedule.


One habit that I've picked up while in self-isolation is cooking comfort food. I made tuna casserole tonight. I used this recipe: Grown Up Tuna Casserole . It was so good! I did fiddle with the recipe a bit by adding 1 1/2 stalks of chopped celery with the onions and mushrooms. I also added a lot more mushrooms, and about a 1/2 cup of frozen peas. The recipe says you can add 1 or 2 cans of tuna. I used 2. 


Didn't have any crunchy onions for the top, but the cheese was just fine. Husband went back for seconds!


I hope everyone is well. Tomorrow, I'll show you my planting project. Have a good night!

13 comments:

  1. I am amazed how dirty our floors get. There are only two people here. How do we track in so much CRUD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can blame mine on the dogs. Heeheee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same flooring I have in piles of boxes downstairs waiting for me to tear out the rest of my kitchen cabinets so I can put it down. We started ripping out all the tile and cabinets last fall and then just as we were about to get the kitchen finished....lockdown. I never ordered my new cabinets because I couldn't decide until we got the floor down so it's all in limbo now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just finished under the wire with our contractor before the lockdown. I am impressed that you are doing all of that yourself! Ours involved knocking down a wall between rooms, new lighting, new electric, moving the sink to another wall, etc. So, it was beyond our expertise.

      Delete
  4. I love what I can see of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will work on posting a before and after of my kitchen. It took me almost 30 years to finally get the kitchen of my dreams.

      Delete
  5. Can we see pictures of the kitchen and dining area? I love to see others homes and decorating. We have Pergo laminate too and I have the same issue. It looks clean and I know it's not! I do love it because it's been virtually indestructible with grandkids legos and hot wheels and big dog visitors.
    I love tuna casserole. It's a definite comfort food for me and I always associate it with my Mom. We've had it twice this month.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of my mom, too! Hence the addition of celery and peas. She always did that. I will work on posting before and after of the kitchen. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. A friend brought a tuna noodle casserole on the day I got home from the hospital, it was such comfort food is right! I like the recipe you posted! How does your yarn bombing hold up during rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have consigned to the fact that when it rains, it rains. I let Mother Nature do what she does and so far, only one yarn has suffered for it. It turned brown and faded. The rest dry off and are fine.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I wondered about all of that work!

      Delete
  7. I love tuna noodle casserole, and my husband is NOT a fan. Hence, we never have it. Yours looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second marriage. My first husband was a foodie and didn't like anything "down home". I like both, and thankfully, my husband now loves pretty much all food!

      Delete