Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tuesday

Today started out with a grocery run. We were there before 7 a.m. and got everything we wanted. There were some areas that were sparse, but for the most part, they were pretty well stocked. I do find it telling that two places that had bare shelves were the chocolate and ice cream areas. Hmmmm....sounds about right. 

Today is a chevron day....


And last night, I made lemon brownies. No chocolate. Just lemony goodness in the shape and texture of brownies. And with a lemon glaze. I am salivating as I write. Yes, they were very lemony!!


I went by the recipe and not my instincts, and the glaze was too runny. I needed to add some more confectioner's sugar. But the husband did not complain, and said that they were wonderful. Such a sweet tooth, that man has. 

Tonight, I'm making bread and letting it proof overnight. A Facebook friend posted a super easy recipe with 4 ingredients, so I'm going to try it. It will be my first time baking bread.
Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. I hope the bread will be delicious! The new chevron piece is very pretty! The lemon bars smell good from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon bars look yummy and I like the chevron yarn bombing. One of these days I'm going to try my hand at bread too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE lemon flavor things. I think lemon bars will be in our future. That is ...... once we finish up the hot milk cake.

    Love the chevron bits. Pretty colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't get any chocolate either and The Mister is losing it. I did get him a carton of Hershey's bars from Amazon right at the beginning of this mess but he didn't ration them and now they are almost gone. I am very frustrated by his inability to understand what "we can't get any" means we can't get any. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No chocolate shortages here. But those lemon brownies look delish!! Love the colors in your chevron bombing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Rose--I adore lemon anything!

    And chevrons! That piece is quite nice.

    We have chocolate here in NEO, but Rick will eat an entire XL Hershey bar in one sitting. It's ridiculous, of course. I now buy them and hide them.

    ReplyDelete