Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday

First, here's the newest addition. I have to remind myself to do this sometimes. Today was a blah day. Rain, cold, not a lot of outside time. But I have a place to live and food to eat, so I must remember to be grateful and happy.


We replenished the fence peanuts today, and had several visitors after the rain. This little guy just sat for a while and rested. I don't know if he ate too much, or was just taking a break.


The Rose of Sharon that we transplanted is doing well. Leaves are sprouting, and the branches are spreading out a bit.


And lastly, here are a few pictures of my kitchen. When I moved into this house, the kitchen and dining room were two adjoining rooms with a doorway. The kitchen was stuck in time. The fridge was a copper color, and the dishwasher had to be wheeled up to the sink and attached to the faucet. The linoleum was orange and yellow. It did have one upgrade/remodel, but it was never the kitchen that I really wanted. So this year, we knocked down the wall between the two rooms, and moved the sink to under the window (that's how I got such a great picture of Mr. Squirrel). The whole room was gutted and we started over. Here is the kitchen that I always wanted...






That's it. My little place of solitude. Do you have a part of your home that's your place of solitude and peace?

14 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen! I've wanted white cabinets for years but I'm grateful to have the kitchen I do have. The drawers are wonderful too. I have a friend who has almost all big drawers in her kitchen and I never would have guessed how much I would like that until I saw how she has hers arranged.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy. Yes, I was new to the drawer idea too, but I love them now!

      Delete
  2. I think my favorite room is the kitchen/dining room. It is so pretty there on a sunny day. But, really??? Other than the hallway bathroom that is stuck in the 60's, I love all my house.

    It is super quirky, but I love it.

    Today was a meh day here too. I finally took myself out to the grocery store. While I don't LOVE shopping, getting out of the house really helped. I also hit the bakery and got an iced chai latte. I'm sure THAT helped too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latte always helps! Your house sounds quirky and wonderful and full of history and character.

      Delete
  3. Rain, snow, and sunshine off and on today. No favorite room, but I do like my apartment. In my previous house, I loved the front room that faced east and the street with floor to ceiling windows: it was a great room for crafting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural light is a wonderful thing in a living space.

      Delete
  4. You made me feel so much better about my kitchen mess. We had to stop our remodel just as we were yanking out the old cabinets. Half are in a heap in the yard and half are sitting on the floor being used for supplies. You gave me hope that one day I'll get it all together and have my dream kitchen too. The one I've got planned looks very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you gt to finish soon, and I look forward to seeing pictures if you share.

      Delete
  5. It's a long way from what you described! So nice and light.

    We redid our kitchen twice now, and I'm done. I do love it, right down to its original hardwood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic of the squirrel is superb! I love the way you've captured his mood! The new kitchen has to be wonderful to spend time in now--fantastic updates! The dining area is indeed a little island of serenity! Just what your sign says....be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The squirrel was a cute subject.

      Delete
  7. Cute squirrel. Have you seen the pics of the squirrel sized picnic tables people are making? I've asked my brother to make me one - he likes to play with wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has a wooden chair feeder for his squirrel. Kind of a mini Adirondack chair. It's adorable! You must take pictures if you get yours!

      Delete