Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday

I remember not long ago when Friday was a day of celebration. No work for 2 upcoming days, and just a feeling of accomplishment that you got through the week. Now there are two things that have scrubbed the luster off of that Friday feeling. One is my slightly-early retirement. The other, of course is Covid-19.  Both have caused the days to just meld into one another. I was just adjusting to being retired, and then I was grounded further by a pandemic. Things will get back to normal, whatever that is. I guess that I should be thankful that my months of retirement prior to this self-isolation kind of trained me to be less busy and at home. 

Ok. On to some yarnbombing from the last two days:



Fishnets and tassels. If it was a human, it would be another kind of blog. But it's a tree.

I spent some time yesterday and today ordering some seeds and some bulbs for spring planting. Our annual trip to the local nursery has been cancelled until further notice, so I'm taking things into my own hands. I have never really grown things from seed (unless you count when I was about eight and grew some veggies with my Mom) so this should be interesting. Stay tuned.
I also did something I've been wanting to do for a while. I've been in this house for decades. There are some things that were planted long before I moved here and are more or less dormant or weak from being in the far corners of the yard. So, we brought them back to life and out of the shadows.
Two peonies that have not bloomed for years are coming into other parts of the yard where they'll get some sun, and my husband transplanted a holly tree. When I had work done on the house a few years ago, the workers dug up one of my gardens and dumped the dirt into the back of the property. From that dirt, my bleeding heart replanted itself in the shadows. I brought it back to the forefront, as well.

I hope that this flimsy peony makes it.

Bleeding heart. Can't wait for this one to grow larger.

Lastly, I wanted to make brownies, but not just plain brownies. I had some chocolate buttercream in the freezer, left over from a cake that I made not too long ago. So, I made some if-we-have-to-be-stuck-in-here-then-damnit-we're-gonna-have-fun-food brownies!



Behold the chocolatey goodness. 
See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooo....my golly. It's 12:30 AM and I am lusting after one of those brownie cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I got started with machine knitting a while ago just so I could do some yarn bombing! And I haven't done it! Dumb distractions on my part! I have a big dead tree in my way out front yard and it could use some color! lol Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks much-loved! I think it's a wonderful idea, and it makes me miss my old, beautiful maple that the city cut down years ago.

    Now, those brownie treats...! You had me at "chocolate buttercream".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of your brownies! LOL I really need to do some digging and separating in my yard! But the time is not now. But I do nee to make a chart of the times that are best to do what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete