Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saturday

I must admit that I am running out of leftover yarn from past projects. It's what I use for yarn bombing the tree. So, I ended up ordering some cheap yarn online in some bright and cheery colors. It came today, and I'm pleased with the colors. 


And here's the new addition:



Seedling report: the cucumbers have sprouted after just a few days after planting! 



Here's another picture from my kitchen. It's a cow that I bought years ago at a craft fair. She used to sit on top of my refrigerator. When we remodeled, we both didn't want to get rid of her. So she sits on the counter next to the refrigerator now. 


Have a great weekend, readers!

21 comments:

  1. The seedlings are doing great I like that cow, too, and love your color choices in the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Now, if I can just keep them alive and growing..

      Delete
  2. Awwww.....what a sweet cow! It's always good to have company while you're fiddling around in the kitchen.
    Love those colors. They are cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's right by the stove, too. So she can supervise.

      Delete
  3. I miss gardening! Maybe I should try some container plants this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 3 half-whisky barrels that we put the tomatoes in. They do really well.

      Delete
  4. That yarn looks familiar! Love your cow. She looks like a very happy cow and I would have had a hard time getting rid of her too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The canary yellow is a lovely shade! I'll be using it soon.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty yarn colors and what a sweet cow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They will definitely add some brightness to the tree!

      Delete
  6. Hello, your new yarn looks colorful and pretty. I like the cute cow. I am looking forward to planting some tomatoes and herbs.
    It is too soon to plant here. Thanks for the visit and comment. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herbs are always good. I only have basil and oregano right now. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  7. My whole kitchen is done in cows. I have one like yours, except she is lying down.
    Love your new yarn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors of the new yarn! I'm almost strong enough to start machine knitting some segments to yarn bomb my own mailbox...and you've inspired me to cover the dead tree out front! (you watch....as soon as I start to cover it, my DH will have the urge to cut it down...!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if you do yarnbomb, please post pictures!

      Delete
  9. PS--I love the cow--it is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete