Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wednesday

Today's pattern for the tree is full of holes. Literally and figuratively. I placed some yarn-overs on some of the rows, creating holes.


Each hole row is staggered, but you really can't tell once it's stretched on the tree. The other problem? I picked a branch that was too fat. I had to do a little stitching to pull it, making the underside look like a corset. Not my best work.


All this, while bending over and sewing underneath the low branch. I wonderful sight for the neighbors, I'm sure. But it's on, and it's not coming off now!

From the comments, I see that many of you like lemon, too. Here's the recipe that I used for the Lemon Brownies...

Right Here

They're baked in an 8X8 pan. They don't make a lot, but they're so good.
Today, I made a bread that is so perfect and so crunchy-on-the-outside-chewy-on-the-inside delicious, that I amazed myself. When my husband came back from his motorcycle ride, it had come out of the oven and cooled a bit. We went into the kitchen and ate a slice with butter (his with jam). We just stood there smiling. Yes. That good.  And so easy! No kneading, readers! Here's the recipe:

BEST BREAD EVER




I suggest that you watch her video. She shows you exactly what to do. For someone like me who has never baked bread, this was perfect.

Knitters, did any of you get the LYS Breathe and Hope shawl pattern from Casapinka? She is helping out local yarn shops with giving the pattern for free if you buy the yarn locally. 



I ordered the original colors that were specifically for the pattern from a yarn shop not so far from me. The dyer is also local.  These colors are out of my comfort zone for a garment, but I do like them and need a change from the jewel tones that I usually knit.
Tomorrow: Sticks come by FedEx.



16 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooo...Fibre Space! Do you live near there? We are hoping to make it down once we get off "stay at home" orders and that is one of the places I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I'm about an hour or so away. Old Town Alexandria is a wonderful place. Lots of great shops, and places to eat. There's also a place on the water called The Torpedo Factory (because that's what it once was) full of artisans of all kinds.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks wonderful and thank you for both recipes. I like your new addition to the tree and the "corset" part fits right in. :-)
    Have a great evening.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the bread I always make and it turns out great every time. I wish I could get some bread flour. I've got tons of yeast. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one says you can use regular flour. It's a great recipe, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the recipe links. I love to make bread and that recipe looks perfect for those times when you don't have time to fool with kneading, etc. Love the yarn bombing - fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a foolproof recipe and very easy!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the recipe links. Rick ate another whole package of cookies last night, so I'm glad to have the brownie one in my stash.

    And another great yarn bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband sounds like mine. Sweet baked good definitely do not go stale in this house!

      Delete
  8. I love the new yarn and had a good laugh at the new addition to the tree knitting! lol Thx for the link to the bread--I will give it a try! (as soon as I find some yeast!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI- Amazon has yeast back in stock. I bought some from a company named Saf Instant. My friend has used it and says if you freeze it, it lasts forever.

      Delete
  9. ps-email me from the link on my blog and I will tell you the pattern for the yarn bombing!

    ReplyDelete