Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday

I follow Vickie Howell on Facebook, and she has a live feed on Mondays called Ask Me Monday. Today, she was right on the mark with something that I could incorporate on to the tree. 

Here's a link: click here

And here's how I knit it up for the tree..


It stretched out a bit on the tree, so here's a close-up of the stitch..



This May Flower Stitch would look really nice on the bottom of a sweater, or a baby blanket. It's not hard at all, and I think that it really adds a nice touch to stockinette.

My celery stalk is finally starting to sprout. Granted, it's just a minuscule sprout, but it is sprouting!


I had to move some of the cucumbers out of the planter, because they've gotten too tall. They were bumping up on the clear lid to the planter. Hopefully, I can keep these guys going without them getting too "leggy".



Have a good evening! See you tomorrow!

17 comments:

  1. That is a CUTE new piece to your yarn bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Vickie Howell is a nice diversion when you're stuck in the house on yet another Monday.

      Delete
  2. That 's the sweetest yarn bomb Ive ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you did with the yarn is so pretty...I did not realize you could sprout celery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw someone doing it on a Pinterest. It's pretty easy, if on slow...

      Delete
  4. How fun! I love that stitch and it looks great on the tree. :-).
    Celery! I think it's great that you are able sprout it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy- just keep the stump in water. Low maintenance is my kind of gardening.

      Delete
  5. That's a very pretty addition to your tree!
    I think that celery baby is so much fun. If I get my grocery delivery tomorrow and get some celery I just might have to try that. I guess the way things are going I shouldn't be tossing out any bits or bobs left over anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that the rabbits outside won't make a meal of my celery once it's time to plant it! I have a fence, but you know how safe that is....

      Delete
  6. I like the new section for the tree! The crochet edging is a pretty pop of color! Yay for the celery sprout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be using this stitch again.

      Delete
  7. Very nice new yarn bomb! Love the pops of color. Yay for a celery sprout! I may need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got another one going now. No sprout on that one yet.

      Delete
  8. I've got some celery growing too! A neighbour tried it and his is looking great, so I thought I'd give it a whirl too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of fun to see the sprouting progress each day.

      Delete
  9. My earlier post came up as anonymous .Im having some issues with blogger. So it was me kathy b thanking you for being a blogger

    ReplyDelete