Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday

I've decided that I'll use the day of the week as the post title. It forces me to concentrate on what day it is!
Today's addition to the tree....


I'm about to start on a planting project. I usually buy my plants from a garden center, but the current situation has forced me to plant some seeds and start my own plants. I'm kind of excited about it. I hope it works.


These are some of my seeds. I have two hanging bag planters that I put on my fence every year. You fill them with soil, and insert the little seedlings in the 10 holes down the front. The holes are little cross hatches...



After a month or more the plants root and grow, and this is how it looks..


Then they really take off...



I can't wait for them to grow! Another plant that I'm attempting to grow is celery. Has anyone tried to grow it from the celery stump from your bought celery? I'm hoping this will work. The middle is starting to push up, so I hope to see leaves soon. Then once it's a plant, I'll put it in the ground. 


See you tomorrow!

19 comments:

  1. I might have to try that celery thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post when I get leaves. IF I get leaves!

      Delete
  2. Your hanging plants are amazing. They are absolutely beautiful! Hope it works as well for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coleus!!! What a beautiful way to grow it! Here's hoping!
    Nice addition to the tree art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping that I can get thee little plants to grow.

      Delete
  4. Whoops I forgot you had a blog! Sorry about that. Your tree is coming along nicely. That seed idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pretty soon, I need to post a picture of the whole tree, I guess.
      Yours is great, too. Love the little people that you are putting on it!

      Delete
  5. That bag planter is just brilliant! I've never seen one before. It's funny that you mentioned celery. Today I got a rare grocery delivery and I was having a fit that I forgot to buy celery. Everything I planned to cook needs celery. I was really mad at myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag planters can be bought on Amazon. I once bought one already filled at a garden center. After that, I vowed to find one myself and buy my own plants. I've done it ever since.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen one of those bag planters before. They are all beautiful. I'll have to remember that in the future when I can actually buy some plants.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, the hanging bag planter looks beautiful. I love that plant. I have tried growing romaine lettuce in the water, it worked. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of lettuce! Hmmm...might have to try. Thanks~

      Delete
  8. The hanging bag planters are very popular here, but are usually done with impatiens. I've never seen them with coleus, which I love.

    I should try the celery thing. I use a lot of celery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hanging bag planters look amazing! Now I want a fence...and bag planters! What a cool idea about celery - I have never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that you could hang them off of anything. Maybe a shepherds hook?

      Delete
  10. Those planting bags are brilliant! And using the day of the week as a title will help me remember what day it is!

    ReplyDelete