Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday

Today, I tried my hand at knitting a version of the Japanese cherry blossoms. 


The tree that I'm yarn bombing is a dogwood. It's getting bigger blooms now, and some of the branches may be obscured. I have to be picky as to which branches to bomb. 


Here's a cardinal sitting in the top half of the tree. You can see all of the flowers coming into bloom. 

Lastly, I wanted to show you my pug Bella. A few years ago, I had another blog. I blogged about my three dogs. Bella (pug), Penny (pug) and Athena (Boston terrier). I lost both Penny and Athena last year. They were 13 and 14, and old age caught up with them. But the last of my Knucklehead Sisters is still with me. Bella is now 14. She was a rescue when I got her. She turned out to be quite a mischievous pug! She once climbed onto my kitchen table and ate 1 1/2 pounds of pine nuts when I wasn't looking. 


She's not so much of a mischievous pug these days. She still has her moments of energy, but mostly sleeps and tries to avoid Reggie. We make sure that she has her space most of the time and she seems like she's happy.


Bella(left) and Penny(right). Penny had such expressive eyes! She was also a rescue. She had her quirks, but was a good dog. She was completely blind the last year or so of her life. 


This was my Athena. She was my sweetie. I miss her and Penny, but I know that they had a good long life with us. 


So now we have these two. Bella and Reggie. One is 14, the other 6 months. They get along pretty well considering the age difference. This picture was taken a while back. Reggie is much bigger now. here he is just the other day..


He does love his antler! My husband says he looks like a warthog. 
I hope that you all have a great weekend. Stay safe!

13 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your adorable pups! They really are family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. They help us get through this self-quarantine.

      Delete
  2. I remember your old blog with great fondness, especially when your daughter got married with a PENGUIN in attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella is a cutie! We don't have any dogs right now, but if my husband had his way, he'd have a pug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pugs love their humans and are very affectionate dogs. They are a great pet!

      Delete
  4. That must have been hard to lose both dogs in one year! But it is a comfort knowing that you have loved them and they had a good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard. but unfortunately, it's part of having a pet. I still say the trade-off is worth it the years of love.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed seeing the photos of your dogs. They are all beautiful. Our Chloe is a rescued golden lab and is 14. She's slowed down a LOT this winter and I've noticed in the past month that she's not hearing very well anymore either. It breaks my heart as she's my constant companion. They sure make their way into your heart don't they? Shes truly our baby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a dog person per se but with 4 kids, I recognized the need for dogs! We had two who stood out to me-a Brittany Spaniel who raised my first 3 kids and then we adopted a young one and it was such a good idea to let the old guy teach the young female how to care for his family. I cried so hard when they both left us. They do teach you how to love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a granddog, and I am a good friend to a Boston named Stella. I buy dog biscuits to have on hand for other people's dogs, so I am a great Dog Appreciator even though I am primarily a Cat Person.

    I am so sorry about the loss of your dear ones. How painful it was for you and your husband and the rest of your pets.

    It looks like Bella is content and enjoying her life with you. Reggie is a charmer.

    How lucky that you have a cherry tree that blooms for you! It must be worth the wait every Spring.

    ReplyDelete